Bass Method of Choice

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fish_man_dude
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bass Method of Choice

Post by fish_man_dude »

I cant wait until that last saturday of june when LM and SM are off the spawn and ready to be fought...

Just wondering whats everybodies method of choice...

State what lakes ur fishing(and structure)
Weather Condition and then the Method.

I fish mainly shield lakes and glacial lakes up north of haliburton and in the bancroft area. Elephant lake is one of them...along with Baptiste.
Overcast day I'll run spinnerbaits off of the weed bed edges or i'll jerk a minnowbait(suspending) near offshore humps for the suspended smallies.

On hot nights in the summer...when the water calms at around 5:30 too 8:30 ish is my fav. time to toss topwaters. Rebel Pop-R's, Hulla poppers, Zara Spooks, and anything else that makes alot of noise...
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Gonna be the Milles-Iles river north of Laval. The amount of smallies and average size of smallies in this river is mind-boggling.

The lure of choice is the good ole spinnerbaits since the gf likes too see the strike. Back-ups will be skitter-pops and shallow-running fat-raps until I lose to pike the few I have left. If all fails, the (please don't all laugh) jig-spinner.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I fish mainly Long Point Bay, Lake Erie and Cameron Lake (Kawarthas), and I love flipping tubes & Pro Model Jigs into docks & matted weed cover up shallow during the day, and fishing the edges of heavy weeds in the afternoon with buzzbaits or Jitterbugs. For smallies you can't beat dragging a tube on any shoal or hump.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scum Frog »

I fish mainly lakes in the Ottawa Valley like the Mississippi, White Lake, Clayton, Pike, Silver and Sharbot.

I am mainly a crankbait and a tube man.

I usualy target Smallmouth rather than Largemouth for two reasons.

1) I love the way a smallie fights
2) If I do keep one I find they taste better.

But a lunker large mouth is always welcome!
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Bassin Secrets

Post by Seaweed »

Ottawa River

Try trolling over the knolls... drag a rattletrap and hang on tight. :lol:

Tubes....

Spinner Baits

Buzzbaits

Crankbaits

You name it you can catch bass on it in this great old river.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

I usually fish the back lakes in the kingston and Ottawa area, Loughborough, Sydenahm, gould, etc. I like flipping pro modelt jigs in thick weeds or overhanging trees. Also spinnerbaits on weed lines, but probably my favourite is taking a waitless slugo and walking it across the surface. This methos works great for me and is very versatile. You manyly hook it weedless so its good in the slop pads of let it sink slowly in open water.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

When is is windy I like spinnerbaits and crankbaits in the deeper weeds (especially in the afternoon).
Calm days...well what else top water
Flipping slop and docks I do almost anytime.
Tubes in deeper water when fish are a little less active (mid day)

The main thing is to change up if you are not catching fish. There is no one method.

Cheers,

Mike
hawgwild
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by hawgwild »

I fish mostly White lake and the rideau system from Manotick to Newboro.
Depending on the weather and the conditions on the water, I'll either fish a spinnerbait or crankbait for the active fish or I'll flip a lizard, tiki stick or pro model flipping jigs with a yum trailer.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Power bait and TOP WATER
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Tubes, tubes and tubes. If it's windy and dirty water, I use a tube. If it's dead calm and clear water I use a tube. If I'm fishing weeds or wood I fish a weedless tube. If I'm fishing anywhere there might be any type of fish I also fish a tube :D . As you can probably tell I love fishing tubes, I will fish other baits but I always have a tube tied on in some form no matter what I'm fishhing. 8)