Ottawa Shore Fishing Spots.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ottawa Shore Fishing Spots.

Post by fishmaster »

I'm heading to Ottawa next weekend to visit the girlfriend and I just can't do without fishing. I was going to take the boat but I have nowhere to put it down there. I'd like to get out for a few hours on Sat. just to do a little casting. I read somewhere on here that you can fish from shore near Carelton U, I'm just wondering if there is a certain side or area I should be fishing or is anywhere good? Also if there are any other easy to get to area's close to town I'd love to know. She lives in the Greenbank/Craig Henry area. If there are any other Hawkers out there that might be doing some shore fishing next weekend and would like some company email me or PM me and I will get in touch. Thanks. :D
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Hey budz..Not sure if I'll be in the area next weekend but if I am,I am more than happy to help you out.I just got in from the cottage so pm me so I can give you some spots if I may be gone next weekend.I have an abundance of holes you may try too!

Sry the post is so small just tryin to do 50 things @ 1nce :?

Will help you in anyway I can!!!

T.L F.F
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

I'll definitely be heading out if the weather cooperates...Black's Rapids or Hogs Back. If I had waders I'd be hitting the south side at Carleton for pike in the shallows.

Todd
fish_head
Participant
Participant

Post by fish_head »

Right alongside Carlton U, on the opposite side from the University, right under the Rail bridge, you will find some Pike action....very rare Carp, difficult Muskie (found out the hard way).....I'd most likely be there Saturday evening, or Sunday am.....or the rest of the day....all depends on action.....I'll be the one wearing the Team Canada hat.....

Cheers,
fish_head