Gulp Alive Scent?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Curlerkid
Participant
Participant

Gulp Alive Scent?

Post by Curlerkid »

Anyone ever try taking other soft plastics and putting them in the jar of liquid you get from the gulp alive jars? I have the leeches jar but am wondering if I could put some of my senkos or frogs in the jar?
colossalboom
Participant
Participant

Post by colossalboom »

You definitely can put other plastics in the scent. I do it all the time with Senkos, Sweet Beavers, Brush Hogs, etc.
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

Why not? :lol:

I never tried it, but i sure would do it if i had some.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

No problems putting other plastics in their but with other plastics they won't soak up the scent as much as Gulp plastic would. Neverless, it still will work.

Mike
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

This stuff works really well for tubes also. If you have some tubes that are salt impregnated it's even better because the sauce will soak into the salt which makes it last longer.
finepoint
Participant
Participant

Post by finepoint »

I just wish they wouldn't fill he container to the top...it spills really easily...I mean really easily!
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

finepoint wrote:I just wish they wouldn't fill he container to the top...it spills really easily...I mean really easily!
Little tip for ya that I learned from Sheldon... Leave the sealant on the bucket and pop a hole through it instead of removing the whole thing. Grab your bait from the hole and when you close it back down, the sealant will protect the edges and wont spill. Hope this helps!
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Nodie wrote:
finepoint wrote:I just wish they wouldn't fill he container to the top...it spills really easily...I mean really easily!
Little tip for ya that I learned from Sheldon... Leave the sealant on the bucket and pop a hole through it instead of removing the whole thing. Grab your bait from the hole and when you close it back down, the sealant will protect the edges and wont spill. Hope this helps!
It works pretty good, when I got my bucket of 3inch shiners late spring, I peeled back just a small portion of the seal and then place it back down when the lid gets closed. So far so good. The bucket has ridden in the side storage of the boat all summer and no spillage so far.

Also if you are putting your plastics in the liquid...Take the jigs off. I had dropped 2 jig heads with with regular gulp grubs into the liquid about 4 weeks ago.. Went to use them on the Larry today and there were no hooks or eyelets left on either jig. :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock:
Fortunately I had a few more jig heads in the tackle box.