Walleye help please

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pmasson
Participant
Participant

Walleye help please

Post by pmasson »

Hey all;

I haven't had much luck in the past several years finding the walleye anywhere. I mostly fish Golden lake cause that is where our trailer is right now, but I am open for a good spot if it will help me reel in some walleye supper for a change.

Anyone have any suggestions in around the ottawa area, I'm good to travel an hour or so to find a spot if you know anything a little out of the way.

Thanks a bunch, the wife is beginning to wonder if I really do go fishing ;-)
FishingIsHealing
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by FishingIsHealing »

Golden lake is stocked right now with Walleye.......I don't know why or what the point is but it is stocked......

The problem with the fishing on golden lake is that there are THOUSANDS! of cottages and a First Nations Reserve, and they can keep as many fish as they like whenever they want I think since it's their land etc. They have full fishing and hunting rights to it......

Personally I don't really have a problem with that, as far as I'm concerned this is their land to do whatever they want with......

But for the Walleye fishing it makes it kind of........Crappy.......

With the stocking of golden you shoudl be able to catch something..

Try lake Clear which is close by.......it's very good........