What are the reasons behind your users name?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Putting a hurt on some fish.
Last edited by Mike P on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JRSuprstar
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JRSuprstar »

Joined a lake trout fishing club at 11 years old (28 years ago) with my dad and this nickname was given after boating 5 lakers that weekend...ended up 3rd in the tourney that year...only missed 1 year since then...the year my daughter was born
Viper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Viper »

My ride is a Legend Viper 165 - I know - not much imagination but the name was already on the boat :D
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Great thead, thanks for starting it.

Well, if I must, I'll tell you the story behind mine which may or may not be a good thing. :)

This site was started by Mike Lilly, back in the 90's. I met Mike who lived on the same street as I at about 1998 I think and that's when I got into fishing here in Ontario. He talked a lot about this site and what he wanted to do with it, but at the time it was all "manual" coding. Everything from people mailing photos to writing his own articles and of course the Ontario Map Project. I fished with him for a couple years and got more and more into the site. At one point in time he needed some help, so I volunteered to help him out resizing photos and taking care of the manual posting for the gallery. That grew and grew the more I did.

One night we were out in the garage planning some things that we wanted to do, and seeing as how his nickname was Fishhawk (for obvious reasons), I felt I needed a "sidekick" name. :) Yeah, that's right, I said "sidekick".....not so much anymore I guess. Since my name is Robert, which is another name for Bob, and this being a fishing website where where people use Bobbers........the name kinda stuck. The rest is history I suppose. :) That's the story behind the nickname "Bobber".

cheers,
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

fatluke.... moved to Carleton University residence in August 1999 weighing in at a slim, trim 150 lbs................and moved out in April 2000, after 8 months of cafeteria food, excessive drinking, a non existant physical exercise routine, and having a pizza pizza in residence........weighing in at 220 lbs...... that's when fatluke was born!!!!!!!!!!

After moving out and away from the "let's deep fry everything" cafeteria food, my weight balanced out......but fatluke stuck for a username.....
Paddler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Paddler »

Paddler...not too exciting but I like paddling (and fishing from) my Emotion kayak.
Bonesey
Participant
Participant

Post by Bonesey »

my name is for 2 reasons first of my grandpa/# 1 fishing partner is billy bones on this site and second is my friends call me jonesey so bonesey just seemed to make sense
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

The first 3 letter stand for the first 3 letters of my last name thats stand mean Bazinet and everybody call me baz and the fish thats because I like to fish.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

For 30 years or so fished for Speckled Trout..........

Then I started targeting bass ,, and became " Addicted " 8) 8)
Gravelguy4
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gravelguy4 »

I work in a gravel pit. #4 was my number for many years of baseball.
nothing too clever in my name.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Name was given to me by a shop foreman I used to work with, I can be pretty GRUMPY at times :wink: :wink: :wink:
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

I grew up on lower Detroit River/Lake Erie were we were all known as "River Rats" from spending so much time on the water, fishing/duck hunting/beach combing. Walleye fishing fascinated me at an early age, and I spent most of my youth trying to catch them. I met Bobber at our local boat show and he invited me to join the board - it wasn't to hard to come up with Erie-Eyes - "Erie" from Lake Erie, and "Eyes" from Walleyes.
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

I got my handle while serving in Afghanistan. The guys were calling me a Hard Ticket/HT. Using the phonetic alphabet it was changed to HOTEL TANGO.
Chewie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Chewie »

Most of my buddies have called me Chewie since the Star Wars thing. Actually I am middle aged Saskwatch from the Orleans area who often can be found fishing in the Ottawa River.