What are the reasons behind your users name?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

What are the reasons behind your users name?

Post by Big Bass 444 »

I am not sure if there was ever a post about this in the past but I would say right now.......why not!!!

Anyways many people have ask me the question about my choice of users name in the past and I will let you all know the meaning now...

Big Bass is the easy part.....means this is what I stand for in the fishing world....I go about catching big buckets!! My passion of fishing is based on this.

Now the more complicated side is 444.....I will just say that it as something to do in the spiritual world, angel watching and trinity.....444 is more than what it seems. I allways been around the # 4 -44- and now 444

If you ask about my ''Team 444" Logo here is one of the few explanations....in a spiritual way...it stands for my family....my dad,mom,sister and myself= 4......I have 2 children and a wife=4 and my sister has a husband and 1 kid.......the logo 444 was created shortly after I find out that she was preagnant again...that was back in May=4
So there you have it the full Team 444 circle. May God the Angels and the Holly Trinity watch uppon us and keep me safe on the water.

Now you know.....if you want you can share your reason behind your users name

Last edited by Big Bass 444 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
beeman
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by beeman »

beeman = beeman (its what I do) 8)
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Big Bass, that's cool, I always wondered about that. Very clever and somewhat deep. I like stuff like that. BeeMan, do you sell honey or lease out your bees? Have you had any losses? Heard pestisides are killing honey bees, is that true?

For me it's quite simple, very proud of being from New Jersey, the Joisey is just a little humor. Joe, of course is my name, there it is. Little story about my name, my dad was a Joe, his dad's was Salvadore, and it was supposed to be my name. My grandpa's friends called him Sally, my dad hated that, "no kid of mine is gonna be called Sally"! So I became my dad's namesake, not a JR though. Either way it would've been ok, but Joisey Sal doesn't have the same ring to it! LOL
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

I always thought 444 meant... four pounder.. after four pounder...and so on :lol: :lol:

I just like throwing tubes and maybe one day...there will be a Tubalization....nation. .... :lol: :lol: Ya hear!
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Interesting thread BB444! I didn't think that deep for my call name :oops: !

Equally as interesting story from Joisey Joe. I definitely knew where you were from Joe, but had no idea how you got the first name 8) ! I don't think I'd want to be growing up as a kid with a name like "Sally"...they might just beat you up just for the principle.

My name comes from my days on the Ice Shanty site. I discovered you could catch fish on artificial plastics through the ice versus freezing your fingers off using larval baits or minnows. A revelation of sorts! As most know the ratsotail is a soft plastic tail that tantalizes fish into striking it while the angler is freezing his/her buns off. So there you have it...and I agree...it's not very deep or thought provoking.

Tight Lines,

ratsotail
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

That's interesting BB444, i see a lot of people's email with 444 in it, always wondered why :lol: Well me, Rico24, quite simple...

My name is Eric, but everyone calls me rico since im a baby, my grampa said i looked like a mexican when i was born :shock: so he called me rico :lol: and well the number 24 is for my favorite nascar driver, Jeff Gorgon, numer 24 :) I also like Jr, and tony stewart, but 24 is my fav :)
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

my name is 3 rolled into one, mat is my daughter matthea, cole is my 2 year old son and cat is my wifes name Cathy
Rico24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rico24 »

Matcolecat, that's and awesome name :) Kid's names, and wife's name, nice!
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Just what my Mom and Dad called me, all of 35 years ago... :lol: :wink:

Good Fishing,

Justin
Justin Hoffman
Field Editor - Ontario Out of Doors Magazine
Fishing Writer / Wildlife Photographer
www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com
brufan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

name

Post by brufan »

great thread!

brufan = bruins fan (or brew fan)....lol
Mitch24
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mitch24 »

Mitch = My name (which means God like, I find this suitable)
24 = Birthday, or the day I got my first fly rod!
LuckyTri
Participant
Participant

Post by LuckyTri »

Lucky was a Tri-coloured Collie that I adopted from the Humane Society. He was one special dog. He once had an abcess in his elbow which filled up with fluid and the vet had to poke a hole it it top and bottom and pull a surgical tube through. Lucky just stood there while the vet did that without any anaesthetic or sedative - he never whined or cried or even flinched. :o He just hung his head with a "woe is me" look on his face. He bounced back from that just fine, but I never forgot how stoic he was for what must have really hurt.

I wasn't nearly so stoic when it came time to bid him adieu (age 14). :cry:

That's him in my avatar. :)
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

great looking dog Lucky! My folks have 2 Shelties. Similar in colour to your guy
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

what can i say about my name ............

my plan in the futur is too fish all the time everyday....

i try to fish every night and week ends........

24/7! 8)
Pike Puncher
Participant
Participant

Post by Pike Puncher »

Pike Puncher comes from my love/hate relationship with the snotty and ill tempered esox and 2nd job as fighter.

Billy