Trailering to Tremblant

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SteveC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Trailering to Tremblant

Post by SteveC »

Have any of you trailered your boat up to the Mont Tremblant area. I was considering this for an upcoming vacation. However, I've heard that some launches charge over $100 to launch and your required to pay someone to wash your boat and trailer before launching.

Can anyone validate this? Are there any lakes up there where you can launch for a reasonable rate?

Steve
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

not sher about the launch fee...but yes some lakes..you have to get the boat wash before you enter some lakes and there some fee for that.

what lake you thinking going over there..?

tremblanc lakes is a hard to get in iff you ever can..i did went 3 time but had the company boat to enter it.

good musky and lakers fishing on mont tremblanc lake. :wink: .

joco
SteveC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveC »

Thanks oco,

Iwas planning to go to Lac Mercier. There's a public launch in old Tremblant villge. I checked the local bylaws online, they said:
BOAT LAUNCHING IN LAC MERCIER (fees and usage)
Persons using the Lac Mercier boat launch ramp must have undertaken, by a company authorized by the Ville, the washing of their craft including the motor and trailer, before putting it into the water. The washing receipt, dated not more than 24 hours prior to launch, must be presented to the individual responsible for access.

A fee of $150 is required from the ramp user, who must give the amount to the attendant. This latter individual will provide a receipt. A Mont-Tremblant citizen having a Citizen Card may use the ramp free of charge by presenting his/her card to the attendant, who will retain it until the boat leaves the lake. Hours of access for motorboats are from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
They go on to indicate which companies are authorized to wash boats.

I'm not sure about Lac Tremblant. It's hard tp get information. I'm going to call today.

I just want to drop my boat in and do a bit of fishing or maybe take the family for a ride. I understand trying to protect against Zebra Mussels but a $150 launch fee doesn't really promote tourism.

I'm hoping there are some lakes around the area that are more reasonable. If you know of any I'd appreciate it if you could pass on a recommendation.

Steve
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

SteveC wrote:
a $150 launch fee doesn't really promote tourism.
No, it promotes a certain type of individual to use the lake. It's no different than 150.00 green fees. Keeps the rif-raf out.
That's why I'll never go there.....and they know that.

My 2cents,

DropShot'r