Nosbonsing ???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Alumacraft
Participant
Participant

Nosbonsing ???

Post by Alumacraft »

Heading up to Nosbonsing the first week of Sept. for some Musky hunting and family vacation.It will be my first time fishing Musky on this lake. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to local favorites on baits. Are there any baits and or color patterns that the Muskies prefer on Nosbonsing? Thanks Rob
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Alumacraft,

I have never fished it myself, but my brother frequently does and has gotten his biggest pike out of those waters. I believe it was 44" and I'm pretty sure it was caught on a very large in-line spinnerbait. He musky fishes that lake as well as Nipissing (spelling?) but has also taken to Manitoulin Island's surrounding waters the last couple of years. He is there right now on vacation, or else I'd try to get you some pointers!

Wish I could help you, but I am very unfamiliar with all these lakes, except to tell you my brother has had some great fish (muskies, pike) boated there.

Where are you staying?

Enjoy your time and don't forget to report back!

W.

W.
Alumacraft
Participant
Participant

Post by Alumacraft »

Wolfe I am staying at my buddies cottage. He just bought a place on McConnell Point earlier this year. I was up early June and did a little pike and walleye fishing(Musky season was still closed) but mostly we built a bunk house.Looking forward to get up and fishing for the Musky and relaxing I haven't had a day off since July 16th. Maybe when your brother gets back you can get a few tips on baits and colors. Thanks Rob
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

Head south and through the narrows. Just on the other side there are two islands. Between them and on the outside of the smaller island are good spots. There is a reef that runs from the small island to the west shore leading up to a rock face. Find it and work the deep spots/edges. Regular muskie baits will work. LOTS of hammer handle sized pike there as well so be ready for them.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Alumacraft,

if you think of it, drop me a "reminder PM" before you go and I'll try to get a few pointers from my brother. He'll be back the end of August.

W.
Alumacraft
Participant
Participant

Post by Alumacraft »

Billy Dee thanks for the tip on the 2 islands. That was one of the spots that looked good on the map I've been studying. I'll be sure to hit that area. I already found the hammer handle pike I hope there not to much of a pain in the butt while targeting the Muskies.
Wolfe I'll be sure to send you a reminder PM when the time gets closer. Thanks for the replies guys.
Thrasher
Participant
Participant

Post by Thrasher »

Just east of McConnell Point, there's that small island, (you can probably see it from your buddies place) between it and shore is a great spot for musky, search around there with your finder and look for the "Sunken Island". Do the usual for musky until you hit one then pattern colors etc from there. There are HUGE musky in there, but like most places they are tough to fijnd at times. But like already said, there'stons of 2lb pike in there. I've had a few days out there where we couldn't manage anything huge but caught 60-80 pike in 5-6 hours fishing. When the pike are on, they'll hit ANYTHING topwater, spinnerbaits, spoons, jig and minnow etc etc.
PS the previously mentioned spot near Perron Island is definately worth trying.
Good luck
Thrasher
Alumacraft
Participant
Participant

Post by Alumacraft »

Thanks Thrasher I know the island that your talking about I'll give that try for sure. The sunken island was the first area that I mapped out on the gps.The paper map I have is from "fishing maps plus" it lists Herring as one of the species found in Nosbonsing can anyone confirm this?

Again guys thanks for the replies I really appreciate the info.

Thanks Rob
Billy Dee
Participant
Participant

Post by Billy Dee »

Hey Alumicraft,

How did the fishing go? Any luck on the Musky hunt?

Later,
Billy.
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

OLD THREAD ALERT.

If he packed his 1oz. white blade chartreuse tip Northamfishing spinnerbait we can expect success!
Image Image Image
Boosterman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Boosterman »

Not on that lake lol. That is a terrible lake. My good friend owns a house on that lake and he can't figure out why people go there.
Alumacraft
Participant
Participant

Post by Alumacraft »

Billy we didn't see many Musky only 2 the first day.We had the worst Musky fishing weather blue bird skys no wind hot and humid.That was from Sun- Wed, then N/E winds for 2 days finally on the Friday afternoon the winds switched to S/W. I pounded it hard that afternoon hoping they would turn but they did not.
Otherwise we had a great time catching smallies and largies up to 4lbs and you can not keep the snot rockets off your lines we lost count of how many of those we caught.
We'll be back up for the full moon in Oct strictly Musky.
Boosterman I don't know why your friend would say that we have been having a blast fishing Nosbonsing.
Sorry I didn't post a report but I went staight back to work scoping up the O/T I gotta grab it while it available. Rob
Boosterman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Boosterman »

Ya I wasn't counting the bass fishing. Bass up north is not a big thing. It is not uncommon up north to catch huge bass all the time.Most People don't fish it here. As far as pike fishing goes most of the lakes oup here are full of pike "bait eaters." Glad you had a good time.