Abu Garcia Record?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Sof
Participant
Participant

Abu Garcia Record?

Post by Sof »

Anyone here own a Abu Garcia Record? Been looking at getting one. I'd like to know how they hold up and if anyone has had any issues with their? Noise? Refinement?

Thanks.
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

Awesome reel :arrow: :wink: . I've never had an issue with mine and it's on it's 3rd season. Also comes with a great darg system. I've thrown some really big baits with it as well and there's no signs of stress so far. This is not a trolling reel though as line cap. isn't the greatest.
Down side to it is the price tag. Way over priced in my opinion.
Rob
Sof
Participant
Participant

Post by Sof »

Thanks for replying. Not to overly concerned with the price of the reel. If its going to last then its worth spending the extra money. Plus the theres nothing that compares to it from Daiwa or Shimano for the same price. I have a Daiwa Luna 203, but I'm missing the rubber grip from the Abu's which to me makes a big difference in comfort when using the reel and your hands won't slip and its almost half the price.