nangor resort getaway!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

nangor resort getaway!

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

well it was friday took day off and headed down to tp nangor resrt for a much needed rest with bros and a few hawkers!

well we drove and got down there around 11am and weather looked good s few pops and wow weather changes faster then we can unpack :shock:

unpacked fished a few hours and got back in and walker had showed up!

weather just rained and rained again.....so we where liminited to cabins and more pops :shock: :D
and of course more pops for some,cyber shows up late but he made it and Prairieboy soon after,did i say rain?k it rained more.

well night was going great so what else took out the cards and played some texas holdem,was a blast....oh did i say more pops for some..and alot of laughs and storied from the bros!well put it this way not to early riseing from anyone!

saturday more rain but did mange to get out abit with brother rob and my son,cyber got out with walker and Prairieboy got out in his...not much action but a few pike and a few walleye cought but none pic worthy.rained most od day and night got out a bit saturday night the we retired to bar for hockey game!
wow nice bod on the barkeeper right cyber?/ :wink:

woke up sunday to more rain so packed up early and returned home!

but wow what a great time with bros and friend john,cyber,Prairieboy and walker!

was nice seeing u guys was a blast of a weekend!

was nice to get help with boat and gas eh cyber :wink:

till the next get together!
walker
cyber

the poker game

the boys

saturday night fog and sun

steve
Leechman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Leechman »

Hey Scuba too bad you guys got so much rain... at least you had a fun time with the guys 8) That's what counts... Getting fish is bonus :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Fish Finder
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Looks like an awesome time. Sorry I missed this. :cry:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

taylor wrote:Looks like an awesome time. Sorry I missed this. :cry:

Yeah,, i bet your sorry you missed a trip like that..........

Two or three days of fishing and no pics of any fish :P :P :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Bass Addict wrote:
taylor wrote:Looks like an awesome time. Sorry I missed this. :cry:

Yeah,, i bet your sorry you missed a trip like that..........

Two or three days of fishing and no pics of any fish :P :P :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: It's not all about the fishing to have a good time as you can see :lol: We had one full day of fishing and took many pictures of fish. Weather was a lot better than we had expected, braving the rain only a few times, or should I say mist. It didn't come down that hard at all Saturday. We got up there around 11 and everything cleared. Took a boot out by the resort and alls around Findlay Islands looking for boats :lol: I guess the rain spooked everyone :shock:

You fellas missed a GREAT walleye bite on Saturday. Would have been nice to see ya out there 8) :wink: Pics to follow of coarse... A few more really nice pike as well. Seen a few boats pass by us although it was hard to tell from a distance who was waving.

Will post the pictures as soon as I can get my hands on the camera.

Thanks for the report and photo's Steve. Nangor is a beautiful spot. Where about were you fishing?

-Andrew
Last edited by Tip-up on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Hey Steve...To bad about the weather but just think...You now know a few more guys on the site :wink: ...So who won the poker game??? Did anyone catch a 20"er eye???
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

well had a few poker games that night...i did win one of them :D :D

was more drinking and laughing and stories all night...was an awsome weekend even with out alot of fishing!

think this will be a yearly event now!

we cought a few pike and walleyes but nothing pic worthy...think cyber got one pic of his!

steve
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

ok we see a lot of bottle but no one in a boat or any fish caught.. :lol: .

true that fishing in rain is sad.

i see a cople pict that do look dry outside.mm

just joking guys.

at least you guys had some fun way to go.

its sher is a nice place..i did enjoy that section off the river last year..in the bay ouest side off the cottages..good pike population there.

thanks for sharing.

joco
Last edited by joco on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Wally Proof!!!

Post by Cyber »

Had a real blast w/ Scoob & his bros, laughed 'til it hurt!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice to meet everyone, we'll hafta do that again!! :wink: 8) I did manage to win one o' those $35. Texas Hold-Em pots, 'Thanx fer yer kind donations, fellas!!' :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, that weather sure SUCKED!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: , but Nangor is a really nice place, hosts were A1, landscape/river awesome!! :wink: :D
I'd love to go back when some nice weather comes around!!! :shock: :wink: :wink:

As for fishin', didn't get a whole lot of it done. :cry: :cry: Not all that pleasant bein' as wet as the fish!! :shock: :shock: I did manage to catch a couple o' 'junior' Wally's, 1st one about 12" trollin' a Chartreuse Big 'O', 2nd one about 16" trollin' a Bottom-Bouncer w/ a live minnow. :wink: My 1st time usin' one, I do believe I'd hafta say that 'they work'!! :o :o :lol: :lol: On my way home I stopped @ the Public Launch in Cobden (Muskrat Lake) and took about 6 casts when "Wham", a wee Pike nailed it and gave me the best fight I had all W/E!!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you doubt my honesty I could post a pic o' the larger Wally, but do ya really wanna see such a poor excuse for the "Catch o' the Day"???? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully we can do a lot better Friday aft./eve. on Ole Lake Miss. w/ ET!!!!!!! :wink: 8) 8) Take Care All!!! Cyber Out!! 8) 8) 8)
Rybren
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rybren »

My buddies and I were at Nangor this weekend as well; However, we spent most of our time fishing in the rain :lol:

We managed to hook into quite a few walleye and pike. Only two of the pike were worth talking about. Here's a pic (I hope) of a 14 pounder.

The other lads had been to Nangor before, but it was my first trip. It certainly won't be my last. What a nice spot.

Cheers,

Rybren
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

You see,,

A little bit of rain didn't stop you guys from fishing :wink: :wink:

8) 8)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Very nice pike!

I will try and get my photo's up shortly.

-Andrew
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

I had a great time. Meeting up with Steve and his brothers and son again.
But I pity his freind John,who was the BUTT of there jokes the whole trip.
The weather was lousy but did get some fishing in thanks to Cyber ( glad to put a face to a name). Too bad Prarie Boy had to leave early,but
I think it was a great trip anyways.Can't wait till next one.

Mark
Rybren
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rybren »

I see that Nangor Resort is up for sale for a paltry $1.75 Mil

http://www.viviun.com/AD-93067/

maybe we should pool our resources and buy it.

I could kick in 5 bucks (or maybe 10 if I quit smoking for a day) :lol:
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

O.K. then.
With 3422 Fish-Hawk members each chipping in $512.00 ,we can own our own resort.

What do you think.