Going to Swisha June 6th through to 9th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BassSlapper
Participant
Participant

Going to Swisha June 6th through to 9th

Post by BassSlapper »

Hey guys,

Just in case anyone else is looking for some nice Pickeral, past Deep River near Rolphton at the Swisha is where I'll be. If anyone else is going, drop me a line.

BS.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Wish I could but gotta get things ready for the baby room...Only 7 weeks away....Good luck Slap and write a nice report when you get back 8)
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey BassSlapper, I live a few minutes away from there but I don't think I will have my boat ready by then. I just thought I would give you a heads up about up there this year. First off the limits are different between Quebec and Ontario until the 15th of June. You can't keep walleye over 40cm on the ontario side or with an Ontario license. Also if you are fishing right in front of the docks in Swisha you can't have live bait. You're not even allowed to come up the river and cross the tailrace with live minnows. The quebec game wardens are enforcing this and they are fining people so be careful. Enjoy your trip and bring lots of fly dope. :shock:
BassSlapper
Participant
Participant

Post by BassSlapper »

Thanks FM, I actually ran into that issue last year, this is an annual type of thing. The bait shop in Deep River made sure where I was fishing before selling me live minnows. We ended up buying frozen minnows just to be on the safe side. Had lots of luck last year, hopefully it comes around again!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Bass Slapper,

Are you fishing the Ontario or Quebec side (Question mark button is not working!!!)
Salar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Salar »

That's one of my favorite places to fish for walleye. The current can be really heavy at time so be careful when crossing in front of the end of the tailrace. The wardens can be difficult to deal with at times but at least they're out enforcing the regulations.
BassSlapper
Participant
Participant

Post by BassSlapper »

We are launching at the Quebec launch and staying in the cabins across from them. Last year we weren't sure about the Quebec licensing or Ontario, we asked the owner of the little corner store and apparently Ontario is Ok. We fish all around the dam output (rapids) on either side, jigging between 20 and 40 ft. So I'm not really sure if that is Ontario or not, its not too clear where the line is. We were stopped last year by the CO's and they seemed ok with where we were fishing...
Salar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Salar »

It's not a problem launching in Swisha (Quebec) and fishing with an Ontario license. You can fish either side of the tailrace (dam output) and either shore. You do have to follow the Quebec regs though in regards to limits and bait restrictions.
D-mo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

ok ..

Post by D-mo »

I was up there last weekend doing our bi-annual walleye fish. Fishmaster is spot-on concerning where to fish with what.

D-mo