Algonquin..

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
seanshuntin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Algonquin..

Post by seanshuntin »

Good opening weekend fishin trip other than a ruined camera, got limits of lakers and specks,, wish I could post pics for yall .. There was still ice over half of the lake but that did not bother the fish at all......
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

what part of algonquin park were you in?? i'm heading off for may long weekend! access point 25 is where we are starting our trip.

too bad about the camera :shock: , there are some nice brookies in algonquin park, very nice colors!!!
Joey Rat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Algonquin

Post by Joey Rat »

Hey Katch, been a while since I was in that part of the park but if you are heading down towards Radiant I had some luck right off the campsite in Clamshell. I expect there is still only one site on the lake. It's just to the left of entrance to the lake by the rapids. Just cast off the rocks

I was cathing walleye using a small white spinner bait. Drove my buddy nuts, he could manage a bite and I caught 3 in about 20 minutes.
seanshuntin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seanshuntin »

We launched at the Opeongo ramp and fished lakers and portaged into a couple speckie lakes from there , I'm sure you will do well however come prepared for the black flies as they are biting well too..