E21Carrot Stix Rods

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

E21Carrot Stix Rods

Post by MLR »

Has anyone bought or tried the E21 Carrot Stix Rods?

Looking for some feedback on them, looking for a good rod to pull bass out of the junk.
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Its Orange!!!!

Many will do that, that arent orange....

Whats your price range?

I mean unless your trying to catch fish bunnies!!!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

I was looking at them on the weekend, their carrott orange and they
stick out you know , like their kind of a loud colour :P :P
Jackel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jackel »

Never tried it but in that price range, I would stick with a Crucial Extra Heavy.

Jackel 8)
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

MLR: They are new up here so it will be a while before we can get any feedback on them. They sold real well at carp though. I may be tempted to try that 7'9"XH myself.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Thanks for the opinions thus far.......

Yeah they are bright orange, made me think its all gimick at first. But don't care if its pink, if it does the job well.

Last year I broke to "cheap rods" so I got what I paid for.

Yes I could buy something already proven good in the same price range, but seen something new and inovative. But I also was one of the first to buy a pair of shoes with velcro in the 80's too. (who would admit it?)

I just want a rod that can handle the stress in thick lilly pads with a big ol' bass.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

More seriously they actually felt pretty good but i tend to fish with St. Croix Tournament or Shimano Crucial rods. I would think you either love the colour or hate it.

I stopped by to take a look at the kistler rods and wasn't overly impressed. They were very nice rods BUT for the price expected a little more. I didn't like the helium handles at all :?
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I guess I am just lazy then and i don't want to have to retie everytime I change lures or technique.
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Had a look at the Carrot stick. First thought was there were very light. Price wasn't too bad either. Can't say much else as I haven't water test them.

Just to comment on the one medium action rod comment. Yes, you can fish for everything and catch them with one rod. But till you start trying different techniques you don't appreciate the need to had a specific rod for a specific technique. It would pretty hard to flipping a 1/2 oz jig in slop and pull out a 5 lb bass with a medium action. Casting a frog way back in the heavy cover and bringing any size fish back to boat would be extremely tough with a medium action. Casting a 12 inch body bait or big buck tail for Pike and Muskie might even break the medium action rod. Hard to drift fishing a river with a 6'6" medium action rod and keep the line off the water.

With all that said, if you are into casting cranks, drop tubes, wacky rigging or top water in light cover a medium action rod will do. But don't kid your self, your are missing out on some fun fishing and great techniques by simply sticking with a meidum action rod.

Cheers,

Mike
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

Just a reminder with respect to the FH Code of Conduct.
2.3 The Hawk Talk Angling Forums are place for constructive discussion. Complaints, Flaming, or simply stirring up crap, with the obvious, or not so obvious intent to discredit any person, business, or this site itself, will be simply removed. Fish-Hawk.Net is not the stage for this type of behaviour, and will not facilitate it. Please deal with this type of conflict in another means.
The initial topic was a simple request for a product review. The moderators will be left to deal with those members that simply want to stir up crap.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

Todd...you're absolutely correct :) and now i've cleared out all the off topic posts (I'm on dialup here...that was NOT fun lol). I was guilty as well and was sucked into the off topic posting.

Cheers guys

Andy
TrollingThunder
Participant
Participant

Post by TrollingThunder »

If I hadn't already picked up a new spinning outfit earlier this month I definately would have taken a serious look at them...personally I like the colour, a nice change from all the black rods found out there. And hey, they're made from carrots...how cool is that? Thinking about that now I want one hahaha. I wonder whats next, watermellon fishing line?

How much do those rods go for...around $250 if I remember correctly
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Paddletales has them for 150 for the regular road and 250 for the Boyd Duckett gold series. I grabed the cheaper one, if 150 is considered cheap.

Time will tell........