Bark Lake information.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nvidal
Participant
Participant

Bark Lake information.....

Post by nvidal »

Hello all,

I am new to Bark Lake just north of Bancroft and am looking for any and all fishing, map and recreation information I can find. If anyone has depth and fishing maps they can direct me to, I would really appreciate it! Let me know.

Stormin Norm....
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

You can most likely get the maps you are after from Fishing Maps Plus - see http://www.fishingmapsplus.com/ontario/ ... county.htm
Mr. T.
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mr. T. »

There's some info in the F-H Ontario Fishing Map Project.

http://fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=23689

:wink:
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Fishhawk, Bobber, Muskymatt and myself went there 2 years ago. along with a few others. Great lake DEEP very DEEP :lol: Lots a lakers and LOTS AND LOTS of black flies :twisted:

Enjoy :D
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Ah yes.....the black flies. I'm laughing out loud here because of the lady at the lodge we stayed at. OK, I'll let you all in on it......

Long story short, the black flies were SO BAD, that if it wasn't for the Fly jackets ($8 at Canadian Tire, $35 at Bark Lake....which I had no problem paying at the time) you would have gone insane.

So here we are, just absolutely crazy with the flies, and the lady who owned the lodge (who we thought was a little off from the first time we met her, but a nice lady none the less....sort of) was out in a T-Shirt cutting the grass or something. I was wondering "why in the name of @@$$## is she not driven crazy with the flies?". Well I asked her. You had to be there to see this lady, but what she told us was that in order to beat the flies, you had to "dress like a clown!", then they won't bug you. Looking at her attire....white, yellow, orange, and pink poka dot pants with bright yellow shirt........it all made sense now. :lol:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

Welcome to the Fish-Hawk family.

DropShot'r