Travel / Pack rods

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
chill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Travel / Pack rods

Post by chill »

Hey all I was hoping for some feedback on this one. With the new little guy all of a sudden the vehicle is packed a little tighter on road trips and the room that once existed to slide a rod or two is pretty much no more I've been looking at some of the newer travel/pack rods as my thinking was it could be tucked away in a smaller space. Anyone have any recommedations as to what style is more durable the telescoping style or the 3-4 piece ones. Does anyone have any experiences with either?

Thanks

L.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

My father-in-law has one made by Shimano and I think that it's a pretty good rod. It's the multiple pieces one .
Last edited by Wallyboss on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-mo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

nice little rod ..

Post by D-mo »

seanshuntin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by seanshuntin »

I have 2 tely's that I bring in on portage trips,, a medium and light action and they take up zero room in the truck, not to mention that I hate when equipment fails in the field and these rods have yet to let me down...............
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have in the store both Shimano (2 models) and St Croix pack rods. One Shimano is a telescoping type and the other as well as the St Croix are the multiple piece variety. Actions are good on all of them. It really boils down to what feels best in your hand.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken