so is all those ice shak out off ice yet...?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

yea i saw that lol theres still shacks out in buchums :shock:
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:Thanks Joco.....I appreciate the positive feedback....it was really a group effort between us all except for the guys with 2 shacks out of the nine shacks that just drank beer and watched everyone else pull together :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:
Good god.... :roll: get off your Hero seat would ya.

The work started for us Friday when the access to the fire lane was cleared by the guy who owned the modified trailer. The plan was to plow out the existing road in the morning which had been blown over from the past storm, this made sense since it was all powder. Funny you were not there....

Come Saturday am we arrived by sled at 5:30, the Newfies were there next and made about 50 yrd out on the unplowed rd. before they are stuck. We go over to help shovel them out. Not a bad start, they packed there area down with the truck and parked it off to the side as I told them there was a plow coming soon. I shuttled the four of them and thier gear out to their shack by sled. You still were not there....

Next comes the plow and he's having a hell of a time as the snow is really deep and heavy. He makes it about another 50yrds or so and gives up, before he leaves to get a blower he plows out a stageing area. Cool... now we have a decent road 100yrds out with a parking area. Hmmm.... you were not there.

Next came the snowblowers. Soon as the plow leaves to get his blower, the lads from the blue shack show up with three blowers. They plow away and are making great progress and are in front of our shacks in a few minutes, the further from shore they get the snow is not as deep, most of the hard work is done.... but wait here you come with your atv.

I'll admit your machine was impressive, but it was still going nowhere with out the blower in front. And by this time there was a large work force, (four snowblowers, 2 plows, and your atv)all doing thier thing, and as I recall while the newfies were getting thier shack ready to pull off you widened a 15' lane that was already snowblowed then settled into some pints as well.

I was there from 5am till 5pm and I didn't see you do much work with anything other than your own shack so please don't be critical of people only to make your self look good. I did far more work pushing and shovelling before you even left your house. By 8;30 the blower was already making it second pass past my shack front door. Seemed like a good time to drink beer to me. :lol:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Give me a break !!!

You were out there fishing at 5:00AM Saturday for no other reason but to fish outa your shack and you had no choice but to go and help the lads (kevin) get their truck unstuck and out of the way...

The firelane was cleared by walleye man's Dad the week before with his backhoe...I widened it with the ATV on Friday afternoon...where were you....Oh I forgot...fishing...

I had already spoke to "Rock" who owned the light blue shack beside me the night before and he said he had started to snowblow a path from the end of the firelane out 100yrs after work....you must have seen him working as you were out fishing....

The snow plow that came out was the owner of the trailer and ended up making one hell of a mess and blocked the already started trail....he decided to go home....
The single blower that came out at 8:30 was Rock...with me behind him plowing....the other two blowers that came later was the guy that owned the plow and his buddy....what were you doing???....fishing and havin a beer :roll:

Get your facts together Pat....the guy in the blue shack was solo with his snowblower...he didn't come out with 3 lads.. :roll:

Jeff came out with his snowblower after the roads were all done...where you....you left while the major work was being done to go have breakfast :roll:

The only pushing and shovelin you did was to get the newfies truck outa the way first thing in the morning....other than that you did squat other then stand around with a brown bottle in your hand :roll: ...

A few other people (and guys that know you) said the same...if you wanna discuss it further and get the facts straightened out, come on over to the house and see me...there's a few other issues I'd like to discuss with you regarding rumors you've be spewing!!

Get your facts straight before starting the gum service lad!!

I'm glad Bender was out there with me Saturday morning....I'm sure he can remember the events that morning a little more realistically then your version.....
Last edited by troutnmuskiehunter on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

yea man troutnmuskiehuters right i was there and my dad was the one that did the firelane and i proberly did mare then you :lol: and im 13 :twisted:
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

You got that right Chevy!!...the guy that posted that (muskiemagnet) had the shack closest beside you...and was the one that waited until dark after the road was nicely widened and plowed by us all to get his off......the truth always comes out!!!.....thanks for the reply bud!!!

It's kinda weird that this was the first post from Pat (muskiemagnet) since 2006??????....Pat, yur not a lurker are ya :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Thats a nice story Steve.... glad that makes ya sleep better.

I work with both Kevin and Jeff, I was in the planning all along. I pulled my shack closest to shore before the storm knowing that Jeffs shack would be coming off first, and I'd have an easy go when I was going to take mine off later that evening. Jeff and I had dinner togeather then spent the rest of the night in my shack until I pulled it off around 11pm.

You make yourself look to be a hero while you did no more than anyone else. That is why I posted, I am a lurker and roll my eyes at most of your posts putting down everyone in your own community. I won't respond again on this as any of the long time members know who I am, and why I don't post much here any more.

I'll gladly come over to discuss. I'm available now. Let me know.

Fact that you even mention ReelBuddies says a lot also. Keep dreaming.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

...C'mon over, I'm home right now
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Priorguy »

Tough neighborhood in the bay fellas...

Sure glad I am up river where its safe and I have nobody to complain about clearing a path or plowing.. its a lonely world up river... all we have is hand shovels and believe me sometimes not a bad idea to spend the day at the river shivelin than listening to the phone, kids and the better half.

Good job by everyone to get there shacks off intime....

Priorguy!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Pat...it was good to talk to you in person and I think you're a great guy too!!....glad we clarified who the $Hit disturber is that tried pinning you as the one who was spreading rumours about my musky fishing practices last summer. Looking forward to gettin out for some trout this spring together!!!

Steve
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Thanks for the meeting Steve, I respect a guy who likes to meet face to face.

A heated discussion quickly turned into a handshake. 8) Case closed. 8)
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Ah......... Love is in the air!!!!!
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

must be spring!!!!

:lol:
Priorguy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Priorguy »

Hey Muskiemagnet

I remember having some heated chats with Steve years ago to.. it ended with him grabbing us a couple cold beers outta da cooler at the ball diamond... and handin me an ice pak.. no not for the eye but rather the sore pitchin arm...

Those were the days... Stevey..

Priorguy!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Got that right Ken!!!............bring on the soft water!!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Geez Steve: I think that is how you become good buddies with a lot of people...I remember a few months ago you and I had some difference of opinions and worked them out too...Now we have never met before but I would concider you a great guy for sure...Can't wait to meet you up at the cottage...Ah I just wanted to be a part of this love... :lol: See ya soon on the water...By the way Prior Guy...Is your shack in the bay just past the boat launch??? My buddy had a shack there for the last few years...I think the bay is Goodwins Bay just off McLean Ave the rich neighborhood??