Long time no see everyone!! Quick ice question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DaveH
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Long time no see everyone!! Quick ice question

Post by DaveH »

Well I have to admit I haven't been out fishing much!! Definitely didn't get out as much as I was hoping to over the summer, but whatcha gonna do!!

I have a quick question!

I'm hoping to get out for a fish on Thursday with a friend of mine from Calgary. I was thinking about hitting either Crappie Bay or Walleye Bay (although I've never fished walleye bay, so I'm not sure!! LOL)

But of course, I'm one of those extra-nervous-about-the-ice-conditions-and-thickness kinda guys...

So, is that area safe??

And conversely, Has anyone fished the Rideau near the RCMP campground or the lower locks at Long Island?? Is that area safe to fish all across??

Dying to get out there!! Thanks for any info folks... Ice fishing is just something I don't wanna be going out and experimenting with, especially bringing someone who's never done it!

Cheers!
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

The ice should be fine on walleye bay, I was out there a week ago and it was good, guys were draggin out wooden shacks...but we did have some rain and mild weather..I'm going out tomorow and i'll let you know, but i'm sure its still good.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

The ice is good to go on both walleye and crappy bay and at Long Island as well. Both places had 8 to 10" of ice. I ve been to all these place already and theres some ice on walleye bay to.
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

ya I measured 13 inches today on walleye bay, and I was a ways out, in 22 ft of water....no fish though, there were a few guys out there but that wind was pretty nasty...one fella caught a small sturgeon, but no walleye were caught