B.O.Q. Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fat Louey
Participant
Participant

B.O.Q. Fishing

Post by Fat Louey »

Hey Fishin Buds:

Just joined the site two days ago, and want to say hi to all. I' am coming up to the Bay Of Quinte in a few weeks for a weekend. Will be in the area of Fosters Fishing camp, but will be mobile. Never ice-fished the Quinte at all. Heard there are some monsters to be had. I would appreciate some help on where to start and what is working on the Walleye's. Any update on the ice conditions would also help. Thanks.

Fat Louey
JIGNPIG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JIGNPIG »

Not to discredit anyone on this board or the board itself but you might want to swing over to quintefishing.com it might be some help to you

Bryan
Fat Louey
Participant
Participant

B.O.Q. Fishing

Post by Fat Louey »

Hey JignPig:

Thanks for the help. Thought I was on the B.O.Q. board.

Rob
Fry Flier
Participant
Participant

Post by Fry Flier »

Must agree with you there Bryan, the ice is a concern here right now and the condition is pretty much up to date on the local site.

Gary
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

Fat Louey WELCOME to fishhawk :D

Most BUT NOT ALL members here are from the Ottawa area. You will get a more up to date ice condition if you visist www.quintefishing.com Most of the local bait shops also post there often or you could call any of the outfitters for ice conditions. Being in Kingston I can tell you that it looks a lot like spring here today :cry: The snow is almost gone and the temps are just above the 0 mark. Last I heard the area around Hay bay had 5 inches and was fishable. But reading the quinti site the belville area is not safe at all. Someone posted that they fell through at point ann. Some winter!
Fat Louey
Participant
Participant

Thanks

Post by Fat Louey »

Hi 1Lastcast:

Thanks for the reply, and the information. I will try the Quinte site. My daughter is moving up to the Kingston area in a week. I plan on going up this summer to camp and fish. Maybe you might have some info for the area. Thanks again.

Fat Louey
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

found this info on another site not sure how up to date it is

"We have dangerous ice at Point Anne and today a member of one of the fishing boards was walking out from Point Anne and felt things were not right as he was walking and there was water around him on soft ice. He held on to his spikes and before he knew it he went through the ice up to his waist. He quickly used his ice spikes and was able to get out of it as quickly as possible. He then went to some other fisherman on the ice to warm up by their heater. He feels now that he will not venture out until there is good ice. I would strongly recommend that everybody that is going to go fishing at Point Anne re-book their ice fishing trip and stay off of the Bay of Quinte in that area until we have good ice out. It is worth the wait of a couple of days in order to enjoy the ice fishing and not have to face any tragedies. I have been mentioning about the unsafe ice conditions at Point Anne and will not recommend anyone to this area for fishing until the ice conditions improve."
wiggler
Participant
Participant

Post by wiggler »

That fisherman went through only a couple days ago. The ice is really taking a beating down here. You can still find some safe ice but please be careful. Best to check the Quintefishing forum. Lots of ice reports are posted regularly.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

PM sent :D
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Quinte Fishing

Post by Superdad »

Fat Louey

The Quintefishing.com site has the information you'll be looking for the summer fishing.

The season starts early May and fishing is constant til the end of June and it tails off or a while and it picks up again towards Sept and the Fall fishing is Dyno mite!!!!!!

Have you got many double digit walleyes????

See you on the water on Hay Bay in the summer.

David aka Superdad