Online prices for new boats?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Online prices for new boats?

Post by CNs »

For no hassle princecraft dealership go see Alfred at Laurentian marine. (Site sponsor as well). I bought my first Princecraft from him.

Orleans boat world (OBW) carries Legend and now Ranger aluminum boats. The Legend welded series is built by the same manufacturer that makes ther Ranger aluminum boats.

I currently own a Champion bass boat and had a warranty issue. OWB took care of it quickly. Took it in on Monday and had it back before the weekend. Why is this important? They did not sell Champion. Champion is a sister brand. OWB took care of me as if I had bought the boat from them. I continue to purchase items from them and I live in Kanata (Hurst Marine is closer).

Crestliner is Andre Lalonde, outside of Wendover. Never owned one but looked at them. Andre was a no pressure salesman.

Lund - Raisin River, Pirates Cove - never dealt with them but heard good things about them.

Tracker - George's marina. Tracker makes a very good aluminum boat. As Sheldon wrote, go to their website and build your boat.

When selecting a motor try to max out the horsepower. Contrary to what people think a bigger motor does not use more gas. Running at WOT (wide open throttle) regardless of size of motor will burn more gas. It will also be easier to sell.
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

I wouldn't rely on manufactures prices advertised by Legend. I had a 15ft Legend package that came on a trailer and with a 15 hp motor. I wasn't happy with the boat. It was poorly laid out, with the gas tank, battery and live well in the stern. The boat leaked from day one. The quality wasn't there, but the price was good, I thought. The boat had nowhere enough power to get on plane. If I was by myself and the boat was empty and the wind was to my back, and I had a long stretch of water, it might get on plane, but not always. The trailer that came with the package wasn't nearly heavy enough for the boat. it was adequate for an empty boat and motor, but just. Once you added the gas and battery and your fishing gear, it bottomed out.

I think Legend, makes it's money on up-grades and you'd need the up-grades to make their packages anywhere a decent boat. That being the case, you can throw the advertised package prices out the window.

I bought a Pricecraft from Ward's in Kingston and was very happy. Bill, the owner actually under sold me and I'm glad he did, because the boat he suggested for what I wanted to do, was perfect.

I didn't count penny's on the deal because I was prepared to pay for what I wanted. I was very happy in the end. The guy who outfitted my boat (cup holders, tie downs, charging plugs, electronics etc.) did a great job.

Good luck
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by NMG »

I'd suggest throwing Alumacraft into the mix as well. I bought a 165 Competitor tiller a couple years back and absolutely love it. I was cross shopping mainly with Lund, although I also looked at Crestliner and Princecraft.

Whichever way you go, I REALLY suggest looking at ALLOT of different boats. Check them out, sit in them, look at the fit and finish, check pricing, do the fibreglass vs. aluminum thing, etc. Don't rush into the purchase. Make a list of what your priorities are (be honest!) and go from there.

Boat shopping is probably the most fun and the most stress you can have at the same time, LOL :)
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

I just bought a new Lund this spring from White Lake Marina for a great price! I price shopped probably about 20 different retailers/dealers from Rockland to Kingston and they had the best pricing by far and so far they have been a pleasure to deal with. Give them a call!
Wishing I was fishing
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

I bought a new Phoenix Bass Boat from Pirate Cove Marina last summer. Staff there were top notch, very knowledgeable about their products, great to deal with and low pressure. All in all it was a pleasant experience and I would not hesitate to recommend them. I have also had my boat in for service and they were fast, well priced and had me back on the water in no time. I know they carry Lund there as well as the Phoenix Fiberglass boats. If you are considering a Bass Boat definitely check out the Phoenix line!