Ever cought a Fish with a lure in its mouth?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Ever cought a Fish with a lure in its mouth?

Post by Anton88 »

Last week I was fishing the Ottawa river with a little red crankbait when a when a large fish, probably a bass just swallowed it, snapped the line and took off with the lure in its mouth.
The line had poor abrasion resistance, no wonder it broke almost instantly..

Anyways, I'm wondering where the fish is now, and who will be the lucky angler to find that lure..
I was wondering if anyone ever found a lure in a fishe's mouth, or stomach.. That would really be .. two catches in one ..
8)
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

happen to me 3 time......once a walleye on ice,,it had a jig on is side off is mouth..

2d time a pike wit the lure(reed devil he stole frome me the day before... :shock: :lol: .

3 was a pike again..it had a full rig.line plus a float he was draging around... :shock: :? .

joco.
The Lunker
Participant
Participant

Post by The Lunker »

Was it a little red rattl'n rap ??? j/k

I have caught a fish with a lure in it in the past and it was in fact in the Ottawa river but was a pickerel with a jig/shad combo.

I do fish the Ottawa on a regular basis and will let you know if I ever see it .

Cheers,
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

Lol... haahah
That's very encouraging Lunker, thank you.
No, the lure was an inexpensive one similar in shape to a FatRap, red in color with thin black lines. Very productive! Fish like to pick on smaller lures with confidence, ...the way big muscular men like to pick on little wimpy men, knowing that they are an "easy meal". Know what im saying?.. If the lure is big, it will be respected ! :lol:
hahahaahah
Last edited by Anton88 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Years ago while fishing a walk-in lake near Grundy Lake P.P. My buddy lost a real doozy of a Pike on a spinnerbait. About an hour later and several hundred feet up the shoreline i caught and landed the beast with the spinnerbait still in it's yap!!......there was a bit of a squabble and some trash talk as to who that spinnerbait belonged to....posession is 9/10 of the law :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've caught some handsomely decorated fish over the years....just last week while fishing with Ratsotail, i managed to catch an odd looking worm harness contraption.
fish-n-nut
Participant
Participant

Post by fish-n-nut »

I once had a decent bass break me off on a fallen tree. I fished the same tree a week later and caught the fish and removed my original 2/0 Gamakatsu thin wire hook with the 4" Power worm still on it. He or she was a sucker for that exact presentation twice.
fnn
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

All the fish I catch have a lure in there mouth (mine)

Me it was this winter at Petrie, a little pike had swallowed a hook before but it was just millimeters away from having gone thru it's system. So with a little tug the fish was now free to roam around and not have to worry about rubbing up on a branch and it hurting like hell.
Last edited by Wallyboss on Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anton88
Participant
Participant

Post by Anton88 »

A buddy once threw his line out and when he reeled it back in, he had a Sinker ( a bell sinker) cought on the hook.. That's really one in a million..
Either that, or that particular lake's bottom is littered with bell sinkers ..
pikeie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeie »

happend this year on a kawartha lake fishing largies. tinbanger pitched a senko under a boat house, he got a hit but his line snaped so i pitched right back with the same lure i had a hit right on the surface i got it to the boat and his and my senko were hanging out of its mouth lol.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Last summer I was fishing a big lily patch in about 3 ft of water, chucking a freshly rigged 10" red shad powerworm to the edge of the lilies I saw a nice bass smack the worm and my line broke when I set the hook. After I was done having a hissy fit, I picked up a flippin tube and started fishing the lilies again. On my second cast with the tube, I get the familiar tap and set the hook on a nice bass.

When I removed the tube from his yap, I also took a second to remove a fresh 10" red shad powerworm.
Peppino
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peppino »

My cousin was telling me how some big fish had come and just snapped the line while casting a 2'' blue and silver rapala. The following week end we go back to the same spot, and wouldn't you know, I catch a pike with his rapala stuck to the side of it's mouth. Boy was he pee pee........... :lol: :lol: Turned out to be my PB at 8 lbs.

Joe
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Happened once at petrie, was retrieving a spinner bait and had a big hit, no idea what it was at the time :lol: Couple more casts and caught the little bugger, had my spinner bait and the one i lost in his mouth :wink:
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Common occurence for me!

Ive had this happen many times.

Few times that stand out are

I was throwing a senko wacky rig watermelon colour, then got this bite set the hook lb largie came out, with an excat same rig, wacky senko with watermelon colour... it was a freidn of mines rig who was there same day and got snapped off. exact same rig even hook..

i also caught a smallie once with a jig head and line hanging out of his butt.. he crapped it out and the line was dangling in his rectum.. sick story lol

also caught many pike with spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, sppons hanign out fo their mouths...

oh and my friend caught a pike on a beanie baby once, ya thats right a stuffed plush toy rigged with a hook, pretty sad eh... yup that sums up pike...
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Took a Rapala HuskyJerk out of a LM Bass at Petrie last month...No line, just a lure and swivel. A small infection had started, a sure sign the bait was snagged in the back of the fish some time ago.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

A few years ago my dad and I were fishing sturgeon on the Ottawa and he had something break his line. A few hours later he caught a big eel with his hook in his throat. I couldn't believe it. :shock: :shock: