KPIN Ice Derby delivers success in the fight against cancer

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

What can one say? Wow :!: :D

On March 1st, 1997, cancer took my father.
I'll start by saying in my own personal way I dedicate this to him.

I never thought it would get me or that it effected so many as I learned, from people sharing their personal stories.

Each and every one of you made this event an amazing success.
The very generous donations from businesses and individuals alike,
Vollunteers sacrificing their own personal time to help,
Every one of you participating and donating to the cause,
And of course the committee, who dedicated an amazing amount of time, dedication and hard work to make this event a success.

Without ALL of you and your generosity, whether in donation, vollunteering or participation, the event would have never been realized.

I have to applogize to all for not being present to thank you all in person for your participation. I'd gone to the event for a while and thankfully was able to pass my appreciation on to some of you. Unfortunately, I was feeling pretty ill and sadly had to leave.

This for me is the saddest part. To see all the hard work come together. To personally thank all that helped and participated to make it a success. To simply meet new people and thank them for coming and of course, see the smiles and laughter at the awards ceremony.
I sincerely appologize for being unable to be present and thank ALL of you for making this event an amazing success.

The A-Channel did a very nice report on the derby and mentioned the facts. That doesn't bring into account the over $7000 in prize donations, the great fact we'll have raised close to $4000, with the donations to be added, the kind participants that travelled great distances to help the cause, nor the generosity and heart that exists within you all. All of this because one person became ill.

Now, I'm not so arrogant to think the success is simply because I became ill, I'm happy to have been the spark that lit the flame to make this happen. It was a success because cancer is a disease that has effected us all in some way and I sincerely thank you all for your help.

So, on behalf of myself, those that have yet to face the battle, those that are currently fighting the battle and those that fought bravely but sadly lost the battle, I thank you for helping continue the fight for a cure.

With the deepest of sincerity,

Paolo aka Kpin
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

very well said paolo... :)

I am proud to no you.

your a great person.... :wink:

you will become a great ice fisherman soon.

see you soon.

joco
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D congrats to all..sounds like we missed a heck of an event.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Thanks to all

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Great show lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope your feeling a bit better Paolo, your a top shelf lad, and glad to see the things worked out for the derby!!!!!

Oziles wrote:
Looking forward to seeing all of you come back soon! Remember the Oziles derby March 3rd!

Cheers
Yves
www.oziles.com
Think that could have been left for another thread though.......... :roll:
bts
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Derby

Post by bts »

Good work Gang. Congrats on a huge success!!!!!!!!
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Congrats Gents

Post by pikeman »

A big round of applause to the organizing committee, I hear that the day was asuccess. Unfortunately I was not able to attend due to family matter.I was glad to see that you had beautiful weather for your event. In hoping that there will be a 2008 tournament and will be able to attend.

Keep up the good work gents.

Pikeman :lol:
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Paolo -

Very well said. I also lost my father to cancer in 1997. It was an excellent day to take part.

Somehow I keep meeting new FHer's and having a blast. Great to meet you Pickeral Boy Senior and Junior, Erie Eyes, and Bizz. First time meeting you guys - it was a great day of fishing.
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Mother Nature was indeed kind and smiled upon us derby day.

Again, I'm sorry to have not been present at the awards ceremony to have thanked you all in person but I'm quite sure Big Jim kindly thanked you all on my behalf, in words I'd have surely spoken myself.

It's disappointing for me in that respect and because I missed out on participating in the end result and enjoy experiencing all the hard work we did to enjoy the fruits of our labour to fully enjoy the end result. This is especially true in respect to spending time with you all and meeting new folks that kindly participated.

The committee and myself truly worked hard to put on a class event and from the wonderful comments, it looks like we succeeded.

But without generous donours, there are no prizes.

Without vollunteers no event can run smoothly.

Lastly, without participants, regardless of prizes and vollunteers and hard work from organizers...without participants, there simply is no event.

So again, I thank you all for making it the success it was. :D

I'm extremely proud of what we've accomplished together, considering we're a small group of anglers. Just goes to show what can be done when we all work together.

I've had a perma-smile ever since...honestly, this feeling is better than a morphine shot when in wicked, kick butt pain! :lol:
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

little update here.

this is for the people that did won the derby.

names was a bit mix up...same name better writhing i hope... :oops:

bobber did have a hard time to read my board...and i do beleive him i have hard time to read it to,,,, :roll: :lol: .

first place ...PIKE... mark macey.............AKA ICEMAN..30.5inch

second place....pike... DON CHAMPAGNE..28 inch

first place...walleye... BILL BRATT....AKA ERIE-EYES...19.75inch

seconde place...walleye...ERIC RILEY...AKA...THE FISHSTICK.....19.5inch

sorry to all for any mistake...did in the first pots..hope i dont have some here,,,in the names...it might have some in the sentence but hey this is joco here writhing,,, :roll: :lol: :lol: .

always a blast to see that many hawkers win a derby.

and its all for a great cause.

thanks again boys

joco
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey everyone!

just wanted to say thxs for everyones hard work...i had a blast!

thxs zort
*D4*
Participant
Participant

WoooWW

Post by *D4* »

Very good job to the guys who organized this event ... it was very fun and also for a very good cause :)

Congrats again :)

Dan. C
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

glad to hear it was such a success!
Truly great cause lads!
Well done!
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Well said, Kpin; what a fantastic culmination of a worthy project. I, too, feel sorry to have missed it and the chance to have met you. You take care and get well soon.

Proud of all of you kind hearted folks!

W.

PS: congrat's on the big fish winners! I figured we'd see Iceman in there somewhere! :wink:
Jair
Participant
Participant

Kpin

Post by Jair »

Huge KUDDOZ to all involved in the derby on Sat. Saw lots of fish caught and a lot of smiling faces. An amazing event that I was both proud & honored to be a small part of.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I just want to put my 2 cents in about Oziles(Yves), first he is a businessman, but he let us use his property for the tent setup, and everytime I passed by the tent or the shack he was always running around doing something and it seemed to be that it was for the Derby that he was doing it. Yes he has a Baitshop beside an icefishing area!! yes he was smiling because of all the icefisherman around on Saturday, but that is probably why he built that baitshop there. Plus it was said in a lot of the postings by other people than him. That it didn't matter if you didn't have any icefishing stuff that Ozile's could get you going out for a very good price. and that Ozile's had minnows and that they had all the stuff needed and that they rented ice shacks. I don't know if the Derby commitee was charged for the little shack with the woodstove going in it all day. And what if he says something about Ozile's Derby coming up. It was mentioned by the MC at the prize giving ceremony. And the name Ozile's is in our sponsor list. So it was a Fish-Hawk organized derby and Ozile's stepped up.

I am one of the guys that loves Petrie, it is a very nice fishery.

Dan aka WB

I heard that some people were caught cheating, that is good that we were able to stop these cheats. You have to be pretty low to want to cheat at a fundraising Derby.

Some other were not caught, I got there at 6:00 am and some people that were clearly in the Derby were already fishing. They registered a couple of fish but I had kept my eyes on the leader board, and they ended up not winning anything. If they would've won something It would've been real hard to not say anything at the end when the prizes were awarded. Cause everybody knows that if I have something to say I will say it.