Big Walleye at Petrie (Turns out it's a big LIE)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
*D4*
Participant
Participant

!!!!!!!!

Post by *D4* »

It's very funny because Jack told me he cought that fish last fall or sometime around that time in Walleye Bay. Thats what he told me.............. Even showed me a picture of it and all

Something is fishy about this 17lbs Walleye story!! :shock:

Dan
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Does anybody know the Taxidermist in Carp personally maybe give him a call and verify.

Something fishy for sure!!!!!!!!!!
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

A 17/18 lb'r would be a truly impressive eye. Man I'd love to see a pic of one let alone catch it.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Intriguing for sure...can't wait to find out some more info.

Thx for the thread on this, WB.

W.
reel2reel
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by reel2reel »

that sure would be a monster.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Somebody has cleared up the fog a bit on this one.

Supposedly it's a 10lber give or take a pound, and it was caught a while back or something. So i guess it was one of those B.S. fish.
Last edited by Wallyboss on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Well... this is pg2 and that 10 pounder can easily double it's size...lies and all :lol:J ust ask the guys that fish Quinte :lol: My team haz been on it 'round the clock......what we can release so far, is this..."Due to the fragile nature of the investigation, i find it premature and speculative in nature to comment at the present time"

...measley 10lbers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

I nominate Slop as our official CSI fish investigator, he's got the lingo down and seems his B.S. Meter is fully functional. Does he look good in a suit though? Hmmmm...might have to recast. :lol:
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Lots of guys out today, but room for lots more. We set up and iced about a dozen crappies. Lots of guys getting crappie. Anyone looking to get out, Petrie is the place. Good ice, go get em and have fun.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Only a ten pounder? I would love to pull a ten lber out of the Ottawa.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

I did see a walleye that was certainly in that weight class about eight years ago on the Bay of Quinte. Older gentleman, lives right on the water, used to spud a hole about eighteen inches square (AND DID NOT MARK THEM!) Anyways, he kept most of his fish and had kept that one. When I saw it, the fish was quite dead and in his basement, but not yet cleaned. It was not three feet but closing in on it, and FAT, not a pretty fish at all. But it was big and heavy, and we estimated its weight in that 18 pound range. Both my buddy Phil and I had caught walleye that weighed 12 pounds plus on certified scales, and this was much, much bigger than any of those. The old lad was not all that excited about it, and certainly not interested enough to drive to Napanee to get it weighed...

Anyways, Phil and I went out for the evening fish, I don't think we caught anything at all, but I don't recall for sure. What I DO remember is that Phil stepped into the old lad's wind-covered ice hole on the way back in off the ice, and went in right to his jewels, thankfully just one leg!

And if Quinte has 18 pounders, then the Ottawa probably has them at least that big!

Doug
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I wouldn't hold your breath for an 18 pounder out of the Ottawa fellas...

Quinte is a whole different ball of wax.....those "Quinte" fish are actually Lake Ontario fish....

We did get an 11.5 out of the Ottawa a few years back ...when the taxidermist did his work he came back with..."I'm surprised that fish was still alive with the size of the tumour it had in it's head"

A true 10 pounder out of the Ottawa is a real trophy....in my opinion anyways....

RJ
Musky51
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Musky51 »

Took a picture of an 11 pounder this fall for a guy jigging. I was out with John Anderson and we saw a guy waving his arms so we went over to see the fish. 29" fish with a 16" girth... great fish for the O
18 pounder in the Ottawa would be like a 50 pound musky in the kawarthas IMO...
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

I see its a lie....... :? one more fishing storys.. :roll: :lol:

but the one 2 years ago in the 15pound was realy real and all the pictures are at the bait shop..

my personal beat walleye is a 9 3/4 on the ottawa,,,,,in a ice derby in hull...

and my father a 12.1/2 in gatineau boom,but this is way back in the 80's.

there some big fish in the ottawa........i talk to the commercial fisherman,,,that as the permit for this portion off the ottawa river,,,and some big walleye are sometime caught in the net.......and there huge,,,but they have to trow them,,,,,,there not allowed to keep them its not in the permit...imagine waist those monster,,,,,,,,,,,, :cry: .

but to come back to the main topic,,,,,,,,,,,there is some monster here.period. but there realy rare compare to b.o.q.

joco
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

It's always fun to wonder just how big the biggest is, ya know?

Wish I could catch one of those "only 10 pounders" myself. :wink: It takes a lot of 16 and 17" wallies to add up to that!

W.