Trib Report Nov 18th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Also...

Post by franklauzon »

Also Taylor,

This fish Rich DID catch is a Rainbow, not a laker.

BBR -> I have to agree that the pic was a bone-head move on your part.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Not photoshopped Ransome. I held up his fish and he took a picture, as I had just taken about 5 of him and his fish.

There it is, my admittance right there in the public. I sent it out privately to like 6 people last night, but I guess word about the truth doesn't spread as fast among the Reel Buddies as pictures of giant fish.

Mike (the guy who caught the fish) asked me to keep this between him and myself. Obviously that is not possible.

So I apologize. It was stupid, ignorant and selfish of me to try to take credit for someone elses fish of a lifetime. There are no excuses for my actions. All I can say is I've learned from it and it - and nothing like it - will ever be happening again.

I sincerely apologize to all of you for misleading you and I hope you can find it in you to forgive me. We all make mistakes, right?

Rich
taylor
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by taylor »

Rich. Good for you to owning up to the truth, but I'm guessing you are only appologizing now because you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar and it only seems like the "right " thing to do now.

I'm at a loss why anyone would do such a thing. What a whopper of a lie. :lol:

Shamless. :oops:
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Absolutely not Taylor. I had apologized to Mike 20 minutes after posting (and removing) the picture. He asked me to keep it between us though in hopes that it wouldnt blow up into a huge deal like Markus, Fishmaster and Metall have made it into.
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

gee bbr now all your writting is now being looked at as plagerizem.
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

C'mon guys leave this kid alone !
He cheated so what ! It wasn't the first time and it posted for only 20 minutes anyway.
That must be heck of a fight to land that monster ? Did you keep it ? What was a setup ?
If you don't mind sharing some informations with as that would be a great !
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

He fought it for about 20-30 minutes, didnt really keep track.. We tried to release it, but it had fought itself right to death. I actually sat there trying to revive it for him for about 20 minutes. She never even kicked. He ended up giving it to someone else on the shore. He caught it bottom bouncing with a corky in a Lake Erie trib.

Here's a pic of Mike and his fish.

Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

great fish no doubt !
I just wonder what went wrong in your mind when you decided to post and say that you where the one who caught this fish ?
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Couldn't tell ya Paya. Maybe because I've been trying for 3 years to catch a half decent trout, and just wanted a shortcut. I guess today's lesson is there is no shortcuts to anything in life. Just work hard and achieve things yourself.

No matter what my reasoning, the mistake remains the same. It was a lapse of stupidity and foolishness on my part.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Thanks Rich, let's move on. Be carefull it's a small world.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

OK, wow, I have a question, if this happened on another website,why bring the details here?? I mean, it's bad enough (and actually quite funny) that Rich got caught but couldn't all this have been kept on a lower key??

Why couldn't someone just have PM'ed Rich to say, delete that poop dude, what the ...... and leave it at that?? Why the smear campaign??

Anyways, bring on the ice.....................

Manny
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Manny you have a PM.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Martin, wow :? :?. Thanks man, I shouldn't have asked :roll: :roll: .

manny
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

BBR???? I have always liked your twisted humor!!!!!

Don't know what to say???????????????
JFish
Participant
Participant

Post by JFish »

It's unfortunate that Rich did what he did and I'm sure this will stay in people's minds for a bit, but what Rich does for this site and many others far out weighs this whole situation. I'm not saying that what was done is right in any way but, it seems like some people (not everyone) are trying to plant seeds for others and make Rich feel worse than I'm sure he already is.

Remember that Rich is an avid poster on this and many other sites leaving both informative and entertaining reports more often then most people on the boards (he is the #15 total poster on this board) Rich is always looking to help people out when they are trying to find some info. He has taken members of various boards out to his fishing holes both from shore and from boat and he also tries to get people from the boards together by planning M & G's. There are many other good things that Rich does but I'm sure everyone gets my point.

Why let one post that was up for 20mins take so much away from the years and effort that Rich has put into this board and others?

JFish