White Lake report-ish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

White Lake report-ish

Post by Eli »

Went out to white lake this monday to try and find smallies. As with the previous attempts on this lake, no smallies were had :(
Don't know why, but I can never seem to find them on that lake.

Did get into a handful of largies and dad got a few white lake hammerhandles. I had a larger pike hit my tube and cut the line.

Biggest bass was just over 2 pounds.
The fish were mostly help up behind islands, out of the wind. We also got a few arround egg-shaped bay.
The baits used were flippin jigs w/ twintails, tubes in smoke and chartreus, minnow grubs, black furries tipped with minnows for the pike, and chug bugs towards the end of the day.

Got about 20 fish between the two of us, so altogether not a bad day.

Managed a decent sunset as well.

(if anyone can offer any advice on how to find smallmouth bass in that lake, don't hesitate to do so 8) )
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

cool report and pics! :)
Big-Ty
Participant
Participant

Post by Big-Ty »

ahhhh... a White Lake sunset. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing another one of those until May...

Sorry about your luck with the smallies... I've never had much luck targeting them, myself. Any of the ones I caught this year, were all flukes. The best one I caught was just around that point behind you in the first pic.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Wolfman: I fish White Lake alot and the smallies are more in the three mile bay area and near Hardwood Island. SOme good ones were pulled by myself and my buddy...One was about 3 lbs. Some good walleye as well...my buddy caught one that he says was at least 28" and about 6-7lbs but it got off at the boat...Now I was not there but his wife said she saw it and it was big she said. My wife says mine is big to but don't they all...haha.

Well Good pics and maybe will see ya out there some time.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Grimace
Participant
Participant

Post by Grimace »

Nice fish

and ya got to love the motorhead
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

yeah!! trigger is one of thier best songs in a while!