looking for online store for carp stuff...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lub0
Participant
Participant

looking for online store for carp stuff...

Post by lub0 »

Hello, I am looking for Carp online store that is located in Canada, or ships to Canada for reasonable prices. I need telescopic carp rod, baitrunner reel and some other stuff like spring feeders, Korda pva or similar, etc.

Thanks a lot,
Lub0
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

not an online source, but you should check out the long-sault motel near cornwall. it's only about a 50 minute drive from ottawa and the whole store is carp gear only.

www.longsaultmotel.com
Brit
Participant
Participant

Post by Brit »

This is the web site for the business ran from the motel www.canadiancarpclub.on.ca ,unfortunately I believe that they have packed up and returned to the UK now until next season.There is a contact # on the site so you could try ringing before trying a wasted trip.
carp-starter
Participant
Participant

Post by carp-starter »

lub0

Try Fishing World in Hamilton. They have a very good supply of carp tackle at the store and they ship. I have not bought expensive stuff like rods or reels because I can use what I have. Their web site is crappy because the guy will update the site only when he has time.

If you do not see what you want on their site, just send them an E-mail and ask for info and prices. And if you do see something that you want on their site, contact them because they probably have more in stock. Like I said, the guy is not too quick to update the site.

carp-starter
Brandon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Brandon »

If you want some great service and knowledgeable staff, go to www.carpins.ca or drop into their store in Ingleside, near Long Sault. Their adress is on the website. They've got everything you need. They are great people. They always take the time to get you set up with what you need. Check out the pictures on their wall when you go in. I think that's prrof enough :wink:

Brandon
lub0
Participant
Participant

Post by lub0 »

Hello again and thanks a lot for all the information, advices and suggestions!

I really like Carpins and Canadiancarpclub (Jeff is going back to England for the winter this coming Friday), but unfortunately they don't have telescopic rods...

So here are the results from my research so far:

I was looking specifically for telescopic carp rod and I came across, this one form www.dam.de, I've been D.A.M. fan for years and I am going to order it from Europe, because I can't find it in Canada or US.

http://www.dam.de/katalog/html/englisch ... e_carp.htm

Also I was looking for www.korda.co.uk product line; so far the best selection I can find in North America is here:

http://www.americancarpsociety.com/store/home.php

And here is a nice 25lb carp I caught last weekend near Long Sault, good fight on a light spinning gear (telescopic dam rod and dam reel, PowerPro 30# line, bolt rig with #6 hook and big corn from Jeff):

Cheers,
Lub0
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Nice fish lub0 - and thanks for all the carp research / info! I had no idea...will have to try it next year.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: looking for online store for carp stuff...

Post by ady »

lub0 wrote:Hello, I am looking for Carp online store that is located in Canada, or ships to Canada for reasonable prices. I need telescopic carp rod, baitrunner reel and some other stuff like spring feeders, Korda pva or similar, etc.

Thanks a lot,
Lub0
I can understand the baitrunner, but why the telescopic rod. Never gone much on them and never seen a pro use one. I can only guess you are limited to space. Bike?? I see you are using a fly net. Have you considered a 2 piece??

As for the baitrunner - shimano/shimano/shimano Used to fish carp in the UK but left most of the stuff there when I moved here. Still got my Shakespeare box with legs and rod holders though. May try it here one day.
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

I have recently caught the carp bug and man the UK gear is so sophisticated it is unreal.

One lesson I recently learned (the hard way) I thought I would share.

I recently purchase the entire carp fishing library directly from FOX on DVD and to my horror :twisted: the format for DVD in the UK is different from North America, in fact the globe is split into 10 regions all with slightly different formats. I was in the market for a new player and thank god I now know to look for a unit that can read all regions formats.
Just thought I’d pass this info on. :idea:
Well and truly hooked!
lub0
Participant
Participant

Post by lub0 »

ady, I don't really have an answer why telescopic, I guess this is my stile, I have this backpack and I like to have everything as compact as possible...

Iceman, you can try to do a little research and see if your DVD player can be "decoded" to play all the regions...
Speaking of DVDs, (I am going to open another topic about that), but I think every angler need to see Korda Underwater fishing videos, the way the movies are done with tons of underwater filming, detailed explanations of every rig, footage how it sits in the water... it's a must.
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Thanks LubO

Can't be done on my 11 year old player, I know some units all you have to do is open them up and move a switch :shock:

Have you seen these telescopic rod?
http://nisid.com/Catalog/default.aspx?C ... arp%20Rods

I have a friend with one and he loves it.

But with the increase in portability your gonna seen a decrease in sensitivity. :shock:
Well and truly hooked!
lub0
Participant
Participant

Post by lub0 »

Thanks Iceman, yes I got in touch with Denis from Nisid, they currently have only one rod used a little bit at a show, and the price is $30US + $18 shipping.

I just got a news from D.A.M. International, I can order the rod that I want (Green Cross Power 3.0, 2.75, 2.5) though Carpins or BL Sport for a less than $100 CAD.

For sure the professional rods for Carp or any other species for that mater are much more sensible, etc. But for me (and I am far from pro), I can't feel a difference between average rod and telescopic rod...
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Hey LubO,

I recently picked up a Grey's Prodigy rod and the feel is unbelievable, I have only caught a few carp on the rod but you can definatly feel the carps every move.

Was it worth the money hard to say but to be able to feel the fish shaking his head while stripping line, man that is worth every penny to me. :wink:
Well and truly hooked!
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Stop talking about all this carp gear! :x I'm filled with an overwhelming urge to buy it and start carp fishing! :) :)

carpies!
lub0
Participant
Participant

Post by lub0 »

SteveO :)