White Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

White Lake

Post by Eli »

I havn't been there since July, but I'm going this Monday.
I know the bass are held up in wood this time of year, which is good because some of the bays there are underwater lumberyards...

Has anyone fished there recently? Where abouts would the 'bigger' pike be? Any suggestions are more than welcome. :P
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

What's Bigger??? :lol:

Rich
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

MonsterRelease wrote:What's Bigger??? :lol:

Rich

bigger than the 2-3lb pike that are virtually on every weedbed there..

i've seen photos of bigger fish caught in that lake, but i can never find them
eddie43
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by eddie43 »

I've fished White lake a ton the past 2 years, and have only encountered 2 pike that I would even consider "big" and that's relativly speaking for that lake. I would approximate they were abou 5 - 6 lbs or so, which from my understanding is big for that lake.

In all honesty, I was going to use the fishhawk map to illustrate where I caught them, however I actually caught both of them in areas recommended for pike by those maps (the westwern shore of the main lake and pikeral bay.) The only other place I've caught resonable pike there was along the SE shore of Eggshape bay.

Hope this helps, but if there are any "real" monsters in that lake, they are as elusive as the loch ness monster...

Best of luck