Does LeBaron.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Does LeBaron.....

Post by Eli »

still carry cut bait?
i'm hoping to do some night fishing for big channels and sturgeon this saturday..... :P
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

no one knows?
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I dont tink they do, I havnt seen anything like that and I go there every thursday night. I will ask if I remember. But I would Like to add that I havnt been to impressed by the staff (excluding plowjock and one other guy) they seem to have quite the attitudes so with the amount of money I have spent there this past year I feel I dont deserve attitude. If it means a little more expensive and a little further away it will be worth it to me to find somewhere I will be treated better.
YakAttack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by YakAttack »

I dunno about the bait, but I tend to agree with the comment about the attitude. They don't seem to be the most friendly and helpful people (they should take a lesson from MEC staff).

No well-behaved customer deserves attitude, no matter how often or how many dollars they are spending.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Not gonna comment about LeBaron 'cause it's like beating a dead horse but I'd suggest calling Gord @ Bits and Baits, I know he was freezing some of the suckers that were perishing in his bait tanks to sell for pike bait this winter.
He may be able to help you out.
Last edited by bucketmouth on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Badger: If you are going out on Thursdays anyway, come on out to Paddletales. We have a get together every Thursday evening, called "The water's stiff and I can't go bass fishing club"Originally started in the winter months a number of years ago(hence the name), it has carried on throughout the summer. Basically just a bunch of redneck fisher people standing around swapping fishing stories (aka lies :lol: ) munching on popcorn and drinking pop (it's free) The only attitude you may get comes in the form of some good natured ribbing. It's also a great place to ask questions.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Pickerel Paul
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Pickerel Paul »

Here is Lebaron's website:

http://www.lebaron.ca/

:wink:
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

never found the service horrible, Never been served or approached either though, and girl that works the cash is somewhat nasty
FromTheNorth
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FromTheNorth »

I almost feel relieved to see all of these posts. I thought it was just me.
I don't know if they have it, but I wouldn't bother checking their website or catalog... Between myself, my fishing buddy and his dad, they havn't had anything we wanted from the catalog in over 2 months. scopes, red-dots, rods, reels, lures, swivels, bullets, chairs, lures, weights, ... the list goes on. It was a running joke after the third or fourth visit, but it's getting rediculous now. It's like they don't want our money.

CALL BEFORE GOING, despite the attitude you'll get for it.

Good Luck,

FromTheNorth
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I'll probably just stop in tomorow since it's on my way to work...
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

Stock in the Lebaron brand plastics has been next to nil since labour day, and they keep telling me next week, next week
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

I was told about a month ago the woman who runs LeBarons told them not to order any more plastics because she didnt want ovewrstock through the winter. The guys in the fishing section are really annoyed by this. Oh well she is the boss.
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Hey Badger and others

Glad I could fix the reel for you! (Badger)

And no cut bait lol.
and of course ED (Paddletales is definetly wort hthe visit, when we dont have something usually bass related i send em there) cuz Ed carries alot of stuff harder to find. Also LeBaron plastics have been dropped from the inventory for this upcoming 2007 season.. So no next week or w/e theyre gone for good. Thats what took so long they were decidng to keep em or toss em. They chose toss em. So no more of them available. Weve known this for over a month...... other than that hope to see badger and others around the store soon , so we can talk fish, and brag big.. lol

Badger I know youll be in for a vexilar once u see one in action. video game on ice,,, bad invention this was if your tight for money but brillant if u can swing a lil cash for a great machine. an invention of somewhat genious. wont hit the ice without one.... (god it hurt my pocket to be able to say that lol )

Spence
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

Hey Spence, nice to see you on the board. Thanks for getting the reel working (I hope). Hope your not offended about what people think of some of the staff. But I made it pretty clear that you , Brian(Plowjock) and your buddy(cant remember his name) are the only people who seem to be helpful and polite and take an interest in the customer, and always have suggestions or tips on helping improve fishing. Management is suppose to set an example for its employes and the manager there ( you know who I am talking about) is awful and acts like he hates everyone. Anyway I more than likely will stop by but would appreciate it if you could let me know in advance when you will have stuff, I think you know what i want. Send me a pm.

Talk to ya later.

Don.....A.K.A. Badger Shark
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Plowjock is always helpfull and friendly and I'd like to think most of the staff are...bottom line is, it's a business, businesses can be busy and oftentimes an employee is forced to follow the chain of command and "do what needs to be done." Sometimes that means the customer suffers, is it right? Well no... but I surely understand the constraints they work under. I've never had the pleasure of being served by Spence but I have been served by the aforementioned female cashier and she made me feel like I was actually bothering her by making a purchase and punch a few keys.

Don is right, this subject has been dealt with and FH brought up a good point, long ago that we have good sponsors here that recognize and appreciate FH.Net. Myself, as a consumer, doesn't look only for value and quality but also customer service. For myself, customer service comes first and all else follows. It's a very simple equation that makes perfect sense to me but often doesn't to a business that appreciates a cash surplus over customer satisfaction. I by no means imply that LeBarons does this, just that retailers should know where their bread and butter come from and act accordingly.