Dow's Lake for a couple hours

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
radar
Participant
Participant

Dow's Lake for a couple hours

Post by radar »

Needed a fix so I went out for a couple hours at Dow's Lake. Tried some shore fishing. I did the west edge of the lake part without any success. A lot of little stuff swimming around and lots of jumpers beyond reach of casting.

Found a deeper spot without much weeds along the channel portion towards the locks. There is a drop off there. 15 minutes before times up and landed a really good size large mouth on a frog. :)

Sorry no pics. I'm in the market for a digital.
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

I know the spot you're talking about. I used to fish there alot when I was a kid. One time I landed a 35inch muski there.
radar
Participant
Participant

Post by radar »

I've never had the chance of catching a muskie but I'll be back. It's a great in town spot.
matcole
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by matcole »

good spot to take a 3yr old?
Eli
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Eli »

matcolecat wrote:good spot to take a 3yr old?
definately. tons of blue gills and crappie to keep you him occupied
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

matcolecat wrote:good spot to take a 3yr old?
For sure a great spot for young ones. All along the boardwalk and the floating docks, as well as along the east side where everyone feeds the ducks. A small float, hook and a piece of worm, or any of the artifical baits for trout/panfish/crappie work well. You don't have to cast very far to get into the panfish. A bigger hook with corn and you just might latch on to a decent sized carp. A wave worm rigged weedless or wacky style and cast out a little further and bass are a strong possibility. Good luck.