Rockin Tuesday at Rockland

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Rockin Tuesday at Rockland

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Got out after work with spinner at Rockland on the Ottawa river Tuesday. Arrived at the launch for about 5pm and once again hoped the Ottawa bass would be biting.

Headed to the first spot and only managed a couple of blow-ups and nothing in the boat. We decided to spend the remainder of the evening in our second spot and fired the boat up and headed there.

No sooner there spinner hooks into a.a..hmm a walleye.. on a senko.. Texas rigged ?!??! hmm ok... not a bad size a good keeper.. we're bass fishin' right... it went in the well but was later released.. my neighbour will have to wait for the promise of a fish :lol:

Baits back in the water and I proceed to pull out 2 nice bass.. both low to mid 3lbers... Last trip out i had one at 4lb 5oz so we we're hoping for good things.

Next i feel a tap tap... wow that's a light nibble i mention to spinner... bang what a muskie !!?!? wow... cool... i managed to get it to the boat, unhook it and safely release it after a quick picture.

Spinner then proceeds to catch another bass.. i'll skip the part about breaking off twice :lol: ... and the light starts to fade we see a few fish starting to move.

What we think is a bass jumping makes us both cast for the splash.. next thing.. bang.. another muskie !?!?!?! wow... this time a little bigger and once again on a texas rigged senko...

Again a quick pic.. this time in the fading light and back it goes safely to fight another day.

Here's a picture of the second muskie... a good night out..

Can't wait for the "Rumble in Rockland" in a few weeks... for those who are wondering whether to attend it just goes to show what quality fish there are in the ottawa river.. big bass.. and surprise muskie !!

See you at the Rumble !! :D
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

:D

John, thanks for the little blast from the past :o Great to see ya posting a report over here 8) Made my day...

It looks as though everyone is trying to winch in a few hours in Rockland before the fall classic...have herd there is going to be some new strategies and techniques that might just suprise everyone this year....

I am going to try and make it out to MT after the event...Hope all can make it!

Nice ski John :P
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

LIKE I SAID BEFORE...........................WOW

that is a great picture off a nice size musky..... :P

great report john.

way to go john and spinner(beach boy)

joco