Cameron Lake ontario

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
6lbtest
Participant
Participant

Cameron Lake ontario

Post by 6lbtest »

hey, i fished cameron lake for a couple of years now and the muskie are bitting but i cant seem to catch a walleye, any spots or good lures you might know of

thanks in advance
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

All the walleye I've caught there have been on 3 inch white or yellow grubs. The weedline just south of the islands is where I get the majority of them. Jig right above the weed tops. In the deepest part of Fell's bay you may find walleye holding as well. Good luck.
bassfighter
Participant
Participant

Jig and grub

Post by bassfighter »

I agree with Big Bass Rich, Jig on white, yellow and black colored ones for early morning to early evening. 3-4 inch size grubs, you can catch all kind of fish from pan fish to large walleye o bass, you just have to slow down your presentation. Really slow for the fish to spot them from distance away.

less than a half a km from the boat launch just outside the channel to your right are tons of weedbed all the way to the first bouy, but the walleye or larger bass are finicky, through a lot of persistance and hard work you will get them, early morning till 10:00am is your best bet. Water is still too warm these days.