Muskie tournies? or other?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskie tournies? or other?

Post by Simmer »

hey:

anyone know of any muskie tournaments happening on the ottawa this summer? or other tournaments for tourny fishing rookies in the area?

want to give tournament fishing a shot this year for fun? ... muskie preferred ... thanks
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Goto Muskies Canada website.

Feel free to join , you'll meet some great guys and get to join in some MCI outings.
If you have any questions , feel free to PM me or ask on Fh.

If you want a sample of it , next time I post for a partner, jump at it. :wink:

It's a lot of fun and you will learn from seasoned muskie anglers

Matt
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

I have to agree with Matt, Drop by one of the MCI meetings. You will have the chance to meet, chat and fish with some great people.

But be warned when you hear Matt talk about "seasoned muskie anglers " it could mean anything :wink:
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

thanks for the invite guys ... but lookin for tournies for me and my partner to go into ... love muskie fishing ... about 3 years into it now and figured out a few sucessful techniques / spots ... and was wondering if there are any tournies in the area for muskie ...

... or any other tournies for tournament rookies with an OK set up can get their feet wet :roll: with (walleye, pike, bass ... e.g., $40-$80 entry fee sort of things)

regarding the muskies canada thing ... we always have been saying that we really should join but meetings are out of the way, dont have the time yada, yada (all the excuses) ... both just starting new families so any free time granted is on the water (don't think can get a pass to go to a fishing meeting :D ) ... i am sure i can think of a couple more :D

the tournie idea sort of kills 2 birds by getting on the water and meeting like-minded folk ... like yourselves ... to swap tips with ....
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

There are no organized muskie tournament in Ontario , the only ones I know of are MCI outings and there is no cash prize(only bragging rights).
There is an Ottawa chapter in Bells corners and another in Arnprior.

Ottawa meets every 2nd wed of each month from 7:30-9:30 and covers a lot of interesting topics.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

Why don't you join us on the rideau sept 9th?

http://www.fish-hawk.net/hawktalk/viewtopic.php?t=20421
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Rider wrote: But be warned when you hear Matt talk about "seasoned muskie anglers " it could mean anything :wink:
:lol: :lol: I resemble that remark :lol: :lol:
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

...thanks J ... sounds like fun (that is one of the rules ) ... will put it in the hopper and call the ball closer to the date ... thanks again ...