A few from Sat.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jbarker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

A few from Sat.

Post by jbarker »

Met up with Anthony (jighead)late sat. morning for a few hours of bassin. Got to the lake to find out from the lodge owner the big bass known to be caught were nowhere to be found in the last week because of the storms. We started working a deep weedline and caught a few little ones and some rockbass, but decided to try some stumps in shallow water. The big ones were not shallow. W got a few in the 1-1.5 lb range on senkos, frogs, and flip jigs but decided to try for some smallies. Got to a deep rocky shore and started throwing senkos. It was long after Anthony had a huge smallie follw his senko to the boat but it dissappeared. Fish were few and far between but we managed a few small guys that weren't picture worthy.

Around 2 ocklock we jumped out of the boat for a swim and upon returning to the boat we started catching fish a little bigger.

Here is Anthony with a 2 lber

Me with the biggest of the day at 2.5 lbs

And another 2 lber. (notice the wood in the backround, 3 times as much underwater)

The lodge owner told us that everybody was getting the 2-3 lbrs and the big fish weren't hitting, I guess he was right. Upon review of our day I think we should have tried dropshotting in deeper water but will leave that for the tourney.
Bear
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Bear »

Nice fish Lads :)
Senko's didn't even work today for me :?
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Was a blast, no biggies but was a fun dat for sure jay. That lake was beautiful 8)
Anthony
Northamfishing Tackle