Bon Echo Provincial park

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jebby
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Bon Echo Provincial park

Post by Jebby »

hey all..... im heading up to Bon Echo for 10 days in august.... ive never been and i am hoping to get some decent fishing... can any1 give me info about the lake the campground the types of fish and whats they go for at that time of year.... i primarily target bass and pike.... but i love walleye too..... i have a small 14 foot aluminum with a 10 hp motor on it so i can get out but i cant go into any really big water or go anywhere too fast..... thx

jebby
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

Mazinaw is a big lake for a small boat, but you should be able to stay close to the rock and find some shelter if the winds are up.

This is a really deep lake and will take some time to find the bait fish and the Walleye.

Joe Perry Lake on the south side of the Park is my fav, however no Motors allowed, you may want to rent a canoe, book/pay at Bon Echo Villa (outside of park) and you can avoid the portage to the lake.

Pike and Bass in Joe Perry, and quite.

Good luck.