Bryson lake or other QC suggestions? ... Ottawa eye report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bryson lake or other QC suggestions? ... Ottawa eye report

Post by Simmer »

Hey:

Thinking of headin to bryson lake for a weekend ... for maybe some lakers, walleye and definitely some brew and cigars .... has anyone fished this lake before ... how is it and the lodge there?

Anyother suggestions for a 2 hour ride for a day or weekend ? just lookin for some fish and and wanted to try the QC scenary for a chnage ... Budy has a 17 foot full cousel lund so would need a decent launch too

Thanks for any suggestions ...

FYI - went out on the ottawa by buckhams a couple of weeks ago and did very good on the saugers and eyes driftin around with b-bouncers ... but ended up drifting into 50' and where still cacthin em :shock: needless to say we stopped when we decided we had enough for an early season (and once a year out of the Ottawa) feed ...
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

Simmer, Seaweed & I were up to Lac du Cerf last week for 3 days. We stayed at Pourvoirie M St Louis - great spot. This lake has everything a fisherman would want. largies, smallies, Lakers, muskie, land locked salmon & walleye. Excellent cabins and the food was superb. If you choose to go there get the guide to take you to the top of the mountain for specks -unbelievable spot. Two hour drive from here.

Good launch and dock, great beach for kids and an easy lake to fish. The bass action is great in the small lake & lakers are easy to find in the main lake. Lots of weeds for pike and the musky are close to the lodge.

Here's the website http://www.pourvoiriemstlouis.com/english/index_e.html

Tell them you heard about it from McQ
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

Thanks McQ:

Will check it out ... how did you guys do?
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

We got into small mouth, lakers, northerns and I went up the mountain & caught some speckles for supper. Seen a 40" musky taking the sun as we passed through the narrows between the two lakes. We only had a couple of hours dedicated to the walleye and I just couldn't get any action going - dead calm and they were deep.

This lake system is a smallmouth bonanza and not many people are aware of the existence of large mouth. The big Musky of 2004 went 44#s and the lake trout need no mention - they're the popular target.

I'm in the process of building a bit of a story of the trip and should have it up in the next few days.
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

Awesome ... let me know when the story's up ... i'm asssuming you'll have techniques that worked / didn't work up to :D
zaconb
Participant
Participant

Post by zaconb »

If you like Lac du Cerf you'll love Lac Des Iles! Lac Des Iles is just past Lac du Cerf. I fish them both all the time, though Lac du Cerf might have more species, If you want trophy Pike, Musky, Small Mouth, and lots of them ,try Lac Des Iles !
pjmasson
Participant
Participant

Post by pjmasson »

where is buckhams on the ottawa? where abouts were you?

never got lucky with the eyes on ottawa , usually catch the catfish
Simmer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Simmer »

hi peter ... buckams bay is just west of constance bay and east of fitzroy harbour ...
pjmasson
Participant
Participant

Post by pjmasson »

thanks guys,

But I don't know the area at all, how do I get there from ottawa?

Could someone give me directions to a launch.

thanks a bunch
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

peter.masson@sympatico.ca wrote:thanks guys,

But I don't know the area at all, how do I get there from ottawa?

Could someone give me directions to a launch.

thanks a bunch
you'll find all you need here. www.geocities.com/ottawaboatramps/
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"