Last weekends carpin

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Last weekends carpin

Post by topwater »

Sunday it was off to Long Sault for some carp fishing, now I at home loading my gear when my son anounces he wants to come Now geoff is not really a fisherman and I had brought him carp fishing last year hoping the pull of these carp would turn him onto fishing well the results of that trip were less than spectacular 6 am to 5 pm in the rain and only 1 run that I screwed up on and missed ......my first ever skunk carp fishing

Now I didn't think I would ever get him out again so was really pumped that he wanted to come out again . We arrived about 6 am and claimed a spot we had never fished before but we thought had promise, we quickly baited the area and set our lines I put one with a pinapple boily popped up and one with popped up corn , John set his with a strawberry boily , about 8 am Johns bite alarm screams and he lands this guy scale wasn't out yet so we just measured him and released him, 34 inches estimate 20 LB's

thye next fish also came in on Johns a 16.6 lb mirror

at this point John turned his rod over to geoff also he 's now got all three rods , my line finally fires I grab it as I'm the closest barly get to feel wieght when the 12 lb mono gets cut off on the zebbrasI'm now starting to panic . Johns rod fires and Geoff jumps on it but John doesn't use a bait runner ,just backs off his drag , lots of confusion and another fish gonewell when the next one hits on Johns rod again we defer to him niether of us want to try that again

he brings in this little guy

now I'm resigned to getting skunked again ,and even worse Geoff getting skunked at 2:30 one of my rods finally goes geoff is on it quickly , now both John and I want Geoff to get this fish and it's taking line , Geoff handled it well considering the two of us are shouting instructions, I think I would of told us to "shut the .... up " when we finally see the fish we both realise this is a big fish and I realise it's on the rod with 12 LB p-line .and the rocks in this area are full of zebrasI could see the rod tip jumping as he rolled on the rocks , well To geoffs credit he ignored the two old farts shouting at him and managed to land this monster 30.1 LBs an awsome first fish and well worth me getting skunked
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Hawgs :o .....WTG Topwater!!

Great to hear from ya!

-Andrew
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Very nice fish Topwater......remember the rookies always have to out fish the vets the 1st time (then its your turn to show how is boss )
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hiya, Mike!

I have a feeling that your son will be asking to go fishing again verrrry soon! What an awesome catch for him. I'll bet you wanted him to land that fish even more than he did, huh? 8) :lol:

Great report. Glad you shared.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Congratulations on a great teaching and bonding session.
Now you have yourself a life long fishing buddy
Good to see you tying into BIG fish.
That Duker teaching you much about carpin??? Very knowledgeable guy. Guess I'll have to give it a try this summer.
Brian
Brandon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Brandon »

Nice fish Topwater!! That 30 lber Geoff caught is a beauty. The action is still hot there. I landed a 25 lber and one a little bit smaller Tuesday. Great report, and nice pics!
Brandon
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

THATS ONE HELL OFF A GREAT REPORT AND FISHING PICTURE,,,, :P

I can t wait to try all my new carp stuff........ :P ..i will join you guys realy soon,,,,,,,,, :wink: down there for some action,,,,, :P

CONG,, to GEOFF for that BIG ONE,,,,,,, :shock: ........thats a very nice one,,,,,,, :o

see you guys

joco, :P
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Again, nice carp guys :P