Fishin' lake "O", ....with Big "O",

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Fishin' lake "O", ....with Big "O",

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D

I'd heard some rumors that Big "O" and Topwater were heading down to our neck of the woods for a visit... :shock:

I wasn't sure what their itinerary was, ...but when I contacted them, ....I found out that they were open for a fish on Sat. :D

They stayed in a local motel friday nite, .....I was there bright and early Sat. morning.... :wink:

And, .......It's off to Bronte, ...with them in tow behind me, .....we arrive at the crack of dawn, .....I think, ...(exactly, ....when is the crack of dawn, ....anyways?) :roll: :lol:

Joe arrives shortly after, ....we chit chat while we're getting ready.....

.....Found out that he's waiting for his ride, ....with Hoss, ....who's late, ....as usual....

He eventually arrives, ....and after launching the boat, ....leaves Joe to watch it while he takes off to Timmys....

We're ready, .....so we shove off, ....and wish him luck, ....in more ways than one.... :lol:

I had prepared the lure presentation last night, ...so as soon as we cleared the pier, .....Topwater took the wheel, ....Big "O" and I started getting the lines out, ..... :)

The setup.....

It was maybe a 1/2 hr., ....the rigger fires, ...and Big "O" is into a screamer, .....I just get the one flatline cleared, ....and the other flatline starts screaming , .....I grab it, ....check for the fish, .....and hand it off to Topwater, ......

Doubleheader, ........YES!!!!!! :D

So, .....I'm trying to keep the boat straight, ....and trying to figure out where the hell to bring these fish in, ....and who is gonna be first, ..... :roll:

These two are having a ball at the back of the boat, ...I'm having a ball, ...watching them have a ball :lol:

With a little patience, ....a few digs, .....and a couple of fairly decent net jobs by the captain, ....I have two happy campers.... :D

Set back up, .....the same rigger fires again, ......I grab it this time.... 8)

The captain gets the token laker.... :lol:

We're set up again, .....and enjoying our coffee, .....finally, :lol: ....when the flatline starts screaming once more..... :shock:

Big "O" is into his second one..... :wink:

This was a fiesty little devil, ....and did his best to tangle up something, ...but excellent driving, ....and good rod handling, ...resulted in this.... :D

It's only 9:30, ....and we got four fish in the box, .....Happiness is a full cooler 8)

I then made a the same rookie "captain" mistake, ....I made when I was out with my boy, :x .....we left fish, .....to find fish, .... :roll:

I had some inside info on a hot spot, .....(four fish in a couple of hours isn't hot I guess, ...damn I do some stupid things sometimes :roll: ),

....so we wasted a couple of hours or so, ....checking it out, ....and got zip for our efforts.... :twisted:

I finally came to my senses :o , ...we pulled rods and headed back.... :!:

Turkeyman and his lady wanted to see the guys and were gonna ride their bikes down to meet us at the launch, ..... :D
After talking to Hoss on the radio and working on the time thing, ....we figured we could do one more run.... 8)

We were just about to pack it in, ....in fact I was already clearing the dipseys, ....and the rigger pops again, ...... :shock:

Topwater is up and on it.... this was a fiesty little devil too....

Well, .....my crew have two nice fish each, .....and I know I'll be back out here again in the near future, :)
It's time to head in, ....the wind had picked up, ....from the east again, ....so it was a rough damp ride back to the dock :mrgreen:

After pulling the boat, ....it was chatter time....

We all decided to head to a nearby eatery, ...so we could sit and chatter... :lol:

I guess it was around 4 oclock when we said our goodbyes and parted ways... :cry:

I gotta tell ya, ...it was great seeing Big "O" again, ....and it was the first time I'd had the pleasure to actually fish with Topwater, ....These two will keep ya in stitches from the word go.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even Hoss was unusually "mellow" today, .....despite my best efforts.... :P

Great seeing Joe and Turkeyman again, ....and meeting George, ...who likes my boat better than Hosses, .... :lol:

Just nothing better than some fish, ...and some friends to share some time with..... :D :D :D :D

Looking forward to the next one..... :wink:

skooter
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

Nice catch guys--Skooter your success rate is getting better along with your skills at setting up - good job Gord
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

wow skooter!

you guys had a blast and nice fish to boot!

have to get down there some day :D

zort
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:lol: Skooters gonna have me converted to fire tiger. :wink: NIce going out there.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Great report Skooter!

Nice to see TopWater / Big-O out on the water so early :)

can't wait to make it out.

Carlco
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

Good times Skooter. Two jolly men in red suits, twinkling eyes. beards, WOW you had two Santas in your boat. Can not wait till you tell what you getting for next XMAS
:lol:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Fun stuff, Skooter. :P

How are those brothers doing, anyway? Miss both of them on site.

Lucky you to have had the pleasure of their company -- and they, yours!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

packrat wrote:Nice catch guys--Skooter your success rate is getting better along with your skills at setting up - good job Gord
Thanks Gord, ....haven't seen ya around for awhile.... :D

So, ....can I talk ya into a fishing trip, ...this year? :wink:

wolfe wrote:Fun stuff, Skooter. :P

How are those brothers doing, anyway? Miss both of them on site.

Lucky you to have had the pleasure of their company -- and they, yours!

W.

We pretty much had a three ring circus going all day, :lol: ...and they both said "Hi....." :wink:
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

skooter wrote:
packrat wrote:Nice catch guys--Skooter your success rate is getting better along with your skills at setting up - good job Gord
Thanks Gord, ....haven't seen ya around for awhile.... :D

So, ....can I talk ya into a fishing trip, ...this year? :wink:

Skooter--been lurking more then anything--anytime after June 30th is going to be my time.and I'm looking forward to getting out with you on one of your patented "adventures" :roll: :D
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

[quote="packrat]
Skooter--been lurking more then anything--anytime after June 30th is going to be my time.and I'm looking forward to getting out with you on one of your patented "adventures" :roll: :D[/quote]

That's great bud, ....:D We'll set somethin' up..... :D

Ah, ....bring the fish, ....will ya...... :lol: :wink:

skooter....
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

:D Another top notch day on the water :o Great to see some great reports with some old faces in them :?: :wink: (Remember Big-O....July.... :) )

WTG guys!

-Andrew
Fishquest
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishquest »

Great report. Man thats looks like a fun day out on the water.
packrat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by packrat »

That's great bud, ....:D We'll set somethin' up..... :D

Ah, ....bring the fish, ....will ya...... :lol: :wink:

Name your poisson(that's french for fish I think?) :roll: Will that be cleaned and filletted as well sir? :D