Fishing Week-end - Kashwakamak Lake June 2,3,4

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fishing Week-end - Kashwakamak Lake June 2,3,4

Post by Fishhawk »

Hi everyone,

Bobber and I are going to Kashwakamak Lake on June 2, 3 and 4 for some walleye and pike fishing (Friday night and Saturday night).

We'll be staying at Fernleigh Lodge and we were wondering if there are other anglers that want to join us for the week-end. There is room for about 25 anglers.

EDITED APRIL 10 BY FISHHAWK++++++++++++++++++

I'll be adding the names of anglers who are going on this trip to the list below:

Fishhawk
Bobber
Rider
Vince
Mr. J
Rex Mundi
Kpin
Pints
MuskyMatt

END EDIT
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you are interested, feel free to say so in this thread but I also want you to send me an email at fishhawk@fish-hawk.net.

We will not be organizing this week-end in the same way we have in the past - this is a no-frills week-end - but as usual I am sure it will turn out to be an outstanding week-end simply because we will be out there fishing.

While there is currently room for about 25 anglers, I will only be concerning myself with filling one cottage. Fernleigh has a cottage that will sleep 10 guys, each with their own bed. I'd like to fill that cottage but if I can't there are 6 and 7 bed cottages.

No matter which cottage we end up in, it would come out to be not much more than $20/night per angler plus taxes - definitely less if we can fill the 10 man cottage. I believe it has four bedrooms plus a pull-out sofa in the living room.

If you are interested in sharing that cottage with us I would like a firm commitment (your word as an angler of honour) that you will not be backing out at the last minute. I will be happy to look after organizing accomodations for one cottage full of anglers - that being the one I am in.

If there are more anglers that want to organize filling up another cottage among themselves that would be great. I hope others anglers will join us. These anglers will be responsible for booking their own accomodations with Fernleigh Lodge. I think it would be no trouble for a group of 6 or 7 of you to organize a cottage full of anglers. The more the merrier.

The first eight people to express interest can help Bobber and I fill up the first cottage.

You'll be responsible for feeding yourself! We won't be arranging for caterers or doing the cooking this time. I believe Fernleigh has a restaurant-type thing set up if you want them to prepare meals for you - you'll have to speak to them about it.

You'll also be responsible for your own boating situation. Fernleigh has a number of boat to rent if you need to rent.

Here's their website

www.fernleigh.on.ca

Call Kevin at 866-459-9099

I'm looking forward to exploring Kashwakamak Lake for the first time - it's a biggie. The first week-end of June should mean lots of daylight and a great opportunity to enjoy some comfortable weather... and blackflies and mosquitoes :lol:

Ahhhh fishing in the spring. :lol:

I realize that many of you already have plans made for your spring outing, but even if we can get a dozen people together I am sure it will be a blast. Anyone interested in joining us?
Last edited by Fishhawk on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Mr Fishhawk :wink: ,

Unfortunately you lads scheduled your outing on the Div.10 Laker opener, and trout loving fisherman like myself will be trolling til the cows come home :wink: If only it was a weekend earlier or later :( Good Luck to you guys regardless. I don't believe Kashwakamak hold lakers.. Does it? :? ?

Cheers,

Rich(MH)
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

here's one, maybe two
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

MH - I wish I could be more accommodating on the dates but it just can't happen sooner or later for me. Stay tuned for the events we are planning for the summer and fall - I am sure we can manage to fish the same water at the same time some time. We are firming up the dates now. And no, I don't believe there are lakers in Kash* Lake.

While anyone is welcome to join us for this trip in June, whether its two or 23, the turnout of anglers for this trip will have little bearing on how much I intend to enjoy it. Funnus maximus will be on my agenda and it will start as soon as I roll out of my driveway and the Allman Brothers get cranked to brain-splitting decibels on the stereo.

Bring it on Rider! :lol:

...and when it's time to leave here,
I hope you'll understand
that I was born an anglin' man...

:oops: I was just chastised for singing in the office again... I like the way anglin' replaces Ramblin in that tune... :lol:
Fishhawk
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Fernliegh lodge is one of the nicest places I have ever been to. Kevin and the family treated us like royalty and the fishing is amazing. I will try to join you boys up there on sunday for the day on the water. For those of you who don't have boats, Kevin rents good quality rigs that are reliable as well. The lkae is well marked and you will never have a problem seeing shoals and such.
Can't wait to get back up there.
Cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

Laker opener.. :D :D :D oh poop same time :cry: :cry: :cry: ....

Maybe the father in-law will descide not to fish the opener, (only if H freezes over). Oh well may be the next one.....

The place looks nice...I'll have to keep it in mind for a future vac spot.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Kashwakamak lake is a beautiful lake. and ferleigh lodge has the best accomadations ever. :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Mike,
This is a great choice.I've only been on this lake once and it's a real beauty :D .Unfortunately I'll be a across the 506 2 weeks after for the Family's summer vacation and won't be able to make it. :cry: .I hope you get a good gang.

Sounds like a great deal.

Scumking
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

Ok we are set, Myself and Vince are not going to miss this one :D
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Where is this place in which you speak of?
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I got the go ahead from the wie :shock:

I'm in.

Are we going to do anything about boaters with an empty seat and non boaters looking for a seat?

I'm going to ask a few buddies to join me but if they cannot make it then I'll have a seat to offer but they'll only be allowed to use my personaly made lures :twisted:
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

:D :D
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Big Bass Rich wrote:Where is this place in which you speak of?
Luh!

They have words to add to that over dere...
http://www.fernleigh.on.ca/location.html
Fishhawk
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I guess the biggest question to ask is...

Are There Fish (pike) in Them There Darn Hills ?
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D As luck would have it I am working all that weekend. Sounds like it would have been a good spot to visit. Take lots of pics.