Cutting back time spent on FH..

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Cutting back time spent on FH..

Post by Mikey »

With things going the wayside here, and being full of uncertainty, Myself and John decided to create a place to call home. I didn't want to lose contact with the many great people I've met here, this place has opened up a world of opportunity to meet new people and talk fishing for both myself, and John. I also wanted a place to be the home of the RUMBLE that people could refer to. That being said, http://www.fishin-canada.net was born. It has taken a bit of time to get her straightened out, but it has been worth the effort. Already, quite a few familiar faces have shown up, and I'm sure many more will join in on the fun. Please feel free to come join up, kick off your shoes, pull up a chair and talk fishing.

Regards,
Mikey :wink:
bottom feeder
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bottom feeder »

Thanks Mikey
I joined yesterday and it looks like a promising site.
Saw a lot of familiar names/faces
Good luck
Norm
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Thx Norm, much appreciated. Hope you enjoy the site and benefit from the world of experience as you develop your new "Habit" hehehehe!! :wink:

Mikey :lol:
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Pullin out

Post by Seaweed »

Hi Mikey

Thanks for the invite... I am wondering though... why can't you do what you plan to do on the new site here at Fish-Hawk.net where it all began.

I get the distinct impression that there is something going on with all the people that have unplugged but no one seems to be able to get honest and say what the problem is.... and instead just seem to lurk off to a new spot to hang and blow the breeze with fishing buddies.

You know.... if there is a problem... someone might want to share it... to honestly confront the issue... and allow the rest of us to at least make an informed decision if we want to pull the plug on one site before moving over to another.

I appreciate that I have been invited to a new fishing site... don't get me wrong there... but I know that there is an ongoing problem to have driven that many loyal members of this fraternity away... now why won't anyone talk about it?

Just my two cents.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Pullin out

Post by Scum Frog »

Seaweed wrote:Hi Mikey

Thanks for the invite... I am wondering though... why can't you do what you plan to do on the new site here at Fish-Hawk.net where it all began.

I get the distinct impression that there is something going on with all the people that have unplugged but no one seems to be able to get honest and say what the problem is.... and instead just seem to lurk off to a new spot to hang and blow the breeze with fishing buddies.

You know.... if there is a problem... someone might want to share it... to honestly confront the issue... and allow the rest of us to at least make an informed decision if we want to pull the plug on one site before moving over to another.

I appreciate that I have been invited to a new fishing site... don't get me wrong there... but I know that there is an ongoing problem to have driven that many loyal members of this fraternity away... now why won't anyone talk about it?

Just my two cents.
Ditto......Seaweed said it all!
SCUBA_STEVE
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SCUBA_STEVE »

hey guys!

i started here at fish-hawk and love this sight,and will always be herre :D

but nothing wrong with visiting and chating on a few sights we all have about 4 or 5 fishing sights we go to and chat up :)

never have enough fishing friends :D

and mikey micky nice sight keep up the good work!

zort
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Hey Mikey,

I suppose this wasn't a good first post to read after I come back. :shock: Not sure what you mean by Fishhawk going to the wayside and create a new place to call home, but I hope it's got nothing to do with the fact that Fishhawk and I have been away for while. If it does I'm sorry for that, but I can't see how creating a new site would make things better, unless you plan on using some advanced technology, cool features, have great content, and an audience to share it with.....Do we not do that here anymore? If not, then I'd better get my butt in gear and make some changes I suppose. If it's flexibility to say or do things, then I suppose I need to understand what flexibility is sought after and see if it fits our model here. If not, then yes your own site is probably the better route to take and anyone who preferrs the model you're proposing can follow along. I can't hold anyone to that.

Hmmm, let me see what else has been happening. :?
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
dana
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dana »

F-H

Is Still the same site it used to be..
Don't worry Bobber &/or Mike L
It hath the same vibes...
Get what perswonal things yah have to do... done~!
The site is fun and running fine...
df
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

zort10 wrote:hey guys!

i started here at fish-hawk and love this sight,and will always be herre :D

but nothing wrong with visiting and chating on a few sights we all have about 4 or 5 fishing sights we go to and chat up :)

never have enough fishing friends :D

and mikey micky nice sight keep up the good work!

zort
Thanks Zort and I couldn't agree more with ya. Fishhawk and I don't have plans to monopolize the attention of everyone all the time and there's nothing wrong at all with visiting other sites, there's lots of good discussion happening elsewhere as well. It does concern me however if people have the feeling that things are sliding and the discussion is no longer interesting and informative. After all, this is what we've set out to build. However, in any case, we'll once again be looking for new and exciting discussion to happen here at Fish-hawk.net and I'm confident that it will continue business as usual, with perhaps just a few slight changes to make things even better.

Still catching up......:)
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
TroutSlayer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by TroutSlayer »

Thanks Mikey, I look forward to sharing information and photos on the new site!

TS
Cheers,
TS
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Winter Crazies

Post by Seaweed »

I personally think that the Cabin Fever has set in to way too many members and when that happens many blame anything around them for what is going on in their lives rather than just admit that this time of the year blows... until we get back into the sunshine and get fishing again.

I am speaking more from a personal point of view here folks before anyone feels the need to "Set Seaweed Straight". I know that I get a bit funky this time of the year and it is definetely related to the lack of sunshine and open water in my life.

Hang in there... spring is right around the corner.
getnjiggywithit
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by getnjiggywithit »

Seaweed
I agree with you! Too many people are spending too much time indoors! Me personally I fish year round just the speices changes :D
Mikey
I just checked out your site first thing I noticed is that you have to register to view the forums. I like it already, even though I haven't registered yet! Keeps the non contributing meat harvesting lurkers away :wink:
I think that fish-hawk cauld benifit alot from something like this :wink: :wink: :wink:
MuskyManiac2005
Participant
Participant

Post by MuskyManiac2005 »

Everybody has moved over to Markus\' site from what I have seen.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

I do have to ask MManiac:

Markus does have a site that is set up and is formed around A handfull of close personal fishing friends, that doesn't mean that everyone is over there, I mean c'mon now!!!!

But:

Why do you appear to try and stir things up on such topics? You have 6 posts since Nov 2005, and all of a sudden you say that all have moved over to Markus's site? I don't know where you are getting your information from, but heck, there are still alot of the same names on here on a daily basis, but yours seems to pop up only to flam someone else for whatever reason! All I can see is you are tryin to stir a pot towards something you are clueless too. I don't see how you can vote that all have moved over to one site???? I have no clue why you must try to point fingers towards anyone let alone try to stir the pot for FH and all its members along with your posts!

Next time, have some fruit to your posts, people might be more inclined to read them.

F.F
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

To set the record straight for those who have been guessing.

Markus is running a small private site which I have helped develop and run with him. It is NOT a public site and it's by invitation only... a place for a few close friends to hang out. I'd say that's common knowledge to most people and he is very much enjoying his new home. If you’re not on there don’t take it personally it was never intended to be FH2.net

Mikey and I have created a new public site focused on bass, but also multi-species, which we hope everyone can enjoy. It is now the home for the Rumble in Rockland amongst other things..

We felt it necessary to setup a new sites for several reasons:

- The rumble format created a conflict of interests… This site is a ‘for profit’ business the rumble is ‘not for profit’.

- The site owners have been absent for over 8 weeks and many posts have simply gone unanswered. You can't neglect your business and expect it not to suffer... a simple message stating why the leave of absence would have been appreciated by all. It has left many members feeling abandoned and questioning the future of the site. We want the rumble format to continue and grow so common sense tells you to do something about it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that bobber has returned as soon as mikey made this post.. Time to re-evaluate indeed.

I still have admin permissions on fh and both mike and bobber know I’m not the type of person that is unprofessional in my work. However, due to the new site being active it’s obviously a conflict of interest for me to still have those rights.
Last edited by SkeeterJohn on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.