Anyone heading out fishing this weekend? 24-25 January

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Found your honey hole yet this winter. (lets not get crude)

Yes
30%
No
35%
Still working on it
35%

Total votes: 20

Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Anyone heading out fishing this weekend? 24-25 January

Post by Seaweed »

Still haven`t found myself a honey hole so I will be hanging around Petrie on Sunday.... gotta check out a couple of new spots but nothing near the fast water.

:roll:
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Yep i'll be out again.. probably both days or at the very least one of the two.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

this weekend

Post by JimW »

I am heading for Lake Temagami on Friday afternoon to try my luck for whitefish, walleye and ling this weekend.

JimW
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'll be checking out local operators and fishing for a few salt water critters in sunny cuba! (sorry, couldn't resist)

The Pink Lady will be oiled up and fishing for a few compliments! (sorry, couldn't resist) :lol:
Joisey Joe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Joisey Joe »

Hey Marcus, taking any stowe aways? :lol: :lol: Talk about envy, the whole site is cussin you out now! :lol: Have a great time and don't get a burn! I'd say somethin about Pink Lady but I don't want to get banned from the site!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I know what you're saying...after she reads this...I'm gonna be banned from a lot of things!
:twisted:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Marcus

You and Pink Lady have a great time 8) Check out the local tackle stores while your down there ,bet you find a few lures that the fish have never seen up here :lol:

Big-O(Phil)<!!!!><
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re..

Post by BBRich »

I'll be drilling down to some crappies or perch here in town on Saturday, then Sat. night I'll be going to a punk concert, in Jarvis at the American Tavern, 9PM - just in case anyone happens to live in the area and like punk music, lol. My buddy's bands are playing, it will be a lot of fun. Then on Sunday I will hit Dunnville most likely, hoping for a walleye.
Draven
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Derby

Post by Draven »

I saw a flyer for a derby at Petrie for this Saturday so i think if i go out it will be on Sunday
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

I found my honey hole yesterday after hours of walking and drilling holes in places I have never been before. I was debating posting this but here goes, in 2 hours I caught 42 walleyes, non-stop, alone with one rod and a few jigging raps and no bait whatsoever. It was the climax of my ice-fishing adventures.

Anybody interested in coming to Mtl for some wallies, let me know, PM style, I am going back thursday, fri, saturday and possibly for the rest of my life.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Bon Voyage

Post by Seaweed »

Ok Markus and Pink Lady..... Bon Voyage..... and watch for pirates.

Manny I dream of days like that. You know what I might just take you up on your offer and come on down to check out that hotspot. Were you on good ice? I associate Montreal with fast water..... had to really work to find good ice.

I just found a few new spots to check out and I am looking forward to checking them out. I just heard that the fish.... oh well I just learned something the other day when I was out that might help me on tourney day.

8)
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

I was on very good ice, in a bay next to very fast water. A good foot of ice. It's a 3 km walk with a trek down, then up a very steep slope though.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Would like to join you manny,where about in montreal ,,before ,after or right down town..............

seems a very good spot.....

joco :)

Post by Guest »

Trying to get a note for Sunday....
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Well...

I've checked with Manny and I'm heading to Montreal. If anyone else is going up pm me and we can drive up together if you want.

I am quite anxious to get to that hot spot and since we're off to Quebec, I couldn't resist making some extra fishing lines. These are sweet, they are even spring loaded and have a mini reel on them. I can't wait to try them out on Saturday on those oh so many walleyes!