JUDGEMENT DAY FOR FISH-HAWK PEOPLE BY ANOTHER BOARD

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
carp-starter
Participant
Participant

JUDGEMENT DAY FOR FISH-HAWK PEOPLE BY ANOTHER BOARD

Post by carp-starter »

I saw something that I believe has been a no-no within the fishing board community – up to now.

Here is the thread::--

http://flyfishingforums.hipwader.com/vi ... php?id=437

I believe the contents of the thread is self-explanatory and so I will make no comments. Do you have one?

Carp-starter

Fish-Hawk is an excellent board and keep up the good work guys
kegman75
Participant
Participant

Post by kegman75 »

At first I thought the same as Urban Cowpoke then unlike him I read the hole thread, and went ooohhh its a stocked lake, and they said they were in there limit so I was ok with it. BUT it does show how you really have to be careful what you post because the ANTI's can and will use what you do and say against you, and twist it around on you. Its sorta like fighting with the wife that way.
x-Toban
Participant
Participant

Post by x-Toban »

I don't see any problem with what's being said on the other forum!!!

As far as I can tell, these guys have just as much respect for the fishing environment out in western ontario as we do here in eastern ontario. The one gentleman is right though. I've lived in Hamilton for a while before comming out east and there is a different mentality on keeping fish (typically, you would need to travel far to catch anything of decent sizes and want to keep it as is, i.e. not have to travel futher in the future to go fishing).

As for referencing this site, they are doing it in good taste and not "bashing" this board!!!

Just my 2 cents.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I am a 99% catch and release angler but pictures of people with their limit don't bother me at all. The important thing to ask yourself is whether it is legal or not. If it is legal there is nothing to be said unless you want to congratulate them on their catch!
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

It really pays to read every word in a post before passing judgment!

So glad someone can actually read.

As far as the other negative comments all I can say is next time I'll be sure to have a few pics of the fish sizzling in butter.

Oh by the way I ate them all so will have to go back to the grocery store and get more. :P
Well and truly hooked!
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

HAAA!!

Post by franklauzon »

Oh my god, this is the best thing I've ever seen...

I'm bloody famous!!! I wonder if John Deer will gimme some sponsorship dollahs!!!!

I think it'd be best if they posted the pic of the 5 gallon pail full... lol...

I'm loving this... What a bunch of bleeding hearts...
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Good reply Iceman...

You can't blame a guy for wanting a feed of fish....

I am a cook at my part-time job and I love to cook.... and eat fish... I personally could care less what anyone says about me keeping fish... I will take home a limmit of trout or walleye any day possible... there are just too many different ways to prepare a fish to only keep a couple a year.... As for bass, pike, musky, and whatever else might grab my line... they all go back.... however a shore lunch of bass has been known to happen on occasion.... As for keeping keeping limits of walleye and trout, all the big ones are released... only limits of smaller ones will be kept if possible...
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Sounds like the idiots from West.Ont. are having a good "holier than thou day".

Urban Angler sounds like he should stay urban; fish the local fountains of T.O.

Fishboy, one of our own, opines that we are "mostly decent", but predominately "bait fishers" and "catch and keep is part of the reason we fish". IMHO, farthest thing from the truth!! Most FH's I know use lures and plastics and are MOSTLY catch and release. "Most" of us use bait for cats and specs. A lot of us use flies for trout. I use artificials even when (only very occasionaly) fishing for a feed of bass.

But, I'm glad we are "mostly decent".......... :? Who the hell is anyone to judge that.............??

Glad their sanctimonious crap is far to the west of us.

KEEP CATCHIN THOSE TROUT LADS AND POST THE G.D. PICS..WE LOVE TO SEE EM
:!: :!: :!:

Jigs. :)
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

:D I second Kodiak's comment...

But I'm going after the fluorescent clothing manufacturors :)
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

That site is pretty cool... so I joined :)

But I couldn't resist adding in a few pics... one of a bucket full of trout and another of a feed of trout.

Too much fun!

I wonder if I'll make lots of friends on that site?
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

love it...

Post by franklauzon »

Carl,

I'm speechless...

Loving that...

Jigs thanks for the support... I've been known to fish with worms when fishing from shore camping with the wife, otherwise, not sure how much "bait" we use...

Nice job stereo-typing the whole board there Fishboy. I am so happy to be a bait fishing redneck...

Funny how most of my fish came off of ratso's and tube jigs...
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

as far as i'm concerned how many times has a limit like that been posted . not many. what percentage of your fish caught are actually kept , maby 2 - 5%, if that . Most responsible anglers are catch and release . When some good old boys hook up for a good feed and are within the limits of the law , bravo to them. Eastern ont. anglers are blessed with a multitude of lakes , with loads of fish. I look at fishing as a hobby , sport, pastime , family activity etc. but when I get the urge to taste our resource , I'll do it to the best of my ability .Within the law .and if some one doesn't like it because of ignorance ,you know what they can do . Just one question to ask any one of those who disapprove .

If you liked trout and only fished it a couple of times a year ,and you had to
1) travel far to get there
2)spend a considerable amount of money to go
3)Take the chance of not getting any thing

Would you keep only one ??????

good job boys ,I hope they were good

Muskymatt
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Muskymatt

Post by franklauzon »

Muskymatt

Thanks for the support...

This is the fourth time this winter I've kept fish for myself.

I've kept 10 crappie for my brother in laws father who was incredulous that I ate "crap fish" so I kept him my limit (conservation) and he loved them.

I kept 1 walleye, 5lb (unfortunately) at petrie that slammed a jigging rap, had both end hooks and treble in him, a timely release wasn't possible. I hated to do that.

2 Brookies caught in Calabogie, since I wanted to bring something home for supper.

And now this...

So personally, I don't think I have much to reproach myself... I'm not much of a fish eater, I prefer my meat... gimme venison anyday... but the wife loves fish, so I keep some.

This was more of a guy week-end. Wouldn't be much fun if no fish were caught.
franklauzon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

nice...

Post by franklauzon »

You're right carl,

It's a nice board, so I've posted twice...
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

kodiak

I hear ya my friend , Some friends and fly in every year up north . Good guys, great outing . Wish I did more of it. And we don't go were there is a chance of no fish!!!
:lol:
Muskymatt