Wow waht a day( sat and sunday report)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Wow waht a day( sat and sunday report)

Post by muskymuskymusky »

Well i made it back to the cottage and finally got my hut out on the ice. It seems i got it out there on the right day.
Started off to the hut at about 730am with a good friend after playing poker tell 3 am the previous night. Man it was windy and snowy but the atv fired right up and off we went. First line down about 8am secound one a minute later. Decided to just set 2 out of the possible four line we were aloud. After about ten minutes we hear the finder go off, about 2 secounds later my rod gives a little nod, i reach out set the hook and pass the rod over to my buddy who has never caught a fish through the ice. Its a decent fish at about 1lb, good start i say to him as we release it. Not even five minutes later the rod in the hutt goes off again( no warning from the finder this time).Again i grabbed the rod and set the hook and passed it off. But this fish had an escape plan that included a good 100yard run as near the end of it my buddy looks at me and says "How long should i let him run like this?" i replied "as long as you still have line let him go".after a 5 minute battle a really nice 2.5lbs laker is on the ice for dinner. My buddy couldnt believe how much fun he just had landing a 2+lb Lake Trout. we had a few fish in the 1+lb range after that. Then we are standing chatting in the hut when my buddy bolts out of the hut when i look out to the rod outside i see it has completely turned upside down and is stuck upside down in the hole in my NEW rod holder i just made because of all the reports of The SEEN of The Crime post from some of you last couple weeks. Saved my rod no doubt about it. Anyways my buddy gets there grabs the rod and sets the hook, Big fish on. Line just screaming out man this fish was fast. After 5+ minutes we landed a beauty fish that was 24inches and 4lbs. A private survey guy was there as we landed the fish and asked if he could tag it since we were releasing it and i said sure. So tagged but in the rush to get it back i failed to grab a pic for my buddy with his best Laker. As we land that one the rod in the hut bends over and we are into another good fish after about 2 minutes i landed my fisrt fish of the day a nice 2lb laker tagged and released. We went on to land 10 fish on sat. and we fished tell about 3pm and packed it in. Thats the best day out there so far and thats not including the 7 lost fish we had that day 17 chances at fish was an incredible record day for me out there. I was all smiles. Sunday was slow fished from 730am tell 12pm with one fish landed and 2 lost not to big either.
The Derby i was in was cancled and reschedualed for the 4th of Feb. for some reason. (That fish my buddy caught would have been in the money too i bet)
It was great fishing up there had a visit from the CO,s (man they were just unfriendly to say the least) but we were following the rules so they left us alone after an interogation of sorts.

here are some pics from the dayImage

Thanks for reading
MMM
Iceman
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Iceman »

Great report thanks for writing. :D
Well and truly hooked!
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Great weekend, great report.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Great report, where were ya and whatya getting them on
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Good report Muskyx3 :!:
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I was on..

Post by muskymuskymusky »

I was on my cottage lake, Farquhar in the haliburtons. I was using 2 still lines with 6 lb line about a foot off bottom. Never bothered to bring out the jigging rods as the action was good enough. :D

MMM
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D Thats a great day on the water.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

It is tough to find trout action like that! Great day for sure.