Trout Huts?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
PikeSlayer.
Participant
Participant

Trout Huts?

Post by PikeSlayer. »

Hello Fish-Hawkers!!

SO, against my better judgement (and the advice of everyone I know) - I had planned to take my fiance (who knows after the trip if she still will be) this weekend for a 24 hour excursion out on Simcoe for Trout. As we all now - there's no trout ice! (tear rolling down cheek)

I have always went out with Floyd Hales and have always done reasonably well. The main reason is it isn't all that far from where I live in Kitchener/Waterloo.

Does anyone know the closest place to K/W that might have Trout huts available? Would my best bet be Nippising?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Need to get on the ICE!!

PikeSlayer.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:shock: I dont know if there is any good close ice for lakers.. May have to get your boat out and fish the Niagara Bar. :)
CharlieD
Participant
Participant

Post by CharlieD »

well there is a lake just north of TO....I saw a Bob Izumi fishing show there...think its called brown lake or something like that...he was fishing with some kids and they were getting small trout thru the ice.....i wrote the lake down but have moved since and lost alot of things!
trapperdirk
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trapperdirk »

Try Bernard Outfitters on lake Bernard in Sundridge . Even a hotel and Motel closeby and an Inn if you wish . :wink: There is ice there . :D

TD
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Look around the Muskoka area.... a few lakes up that way have huts for lakers....... same goes for Haliburtin area.