Message boards...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jale
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jale »

Psssssssttttttttttt RJ.........don't tell CCB but I've got 3 rubber nets here the same size and shape. If the nylon turns out to be as poor as he states I'll just switch them out :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

later

Joe
Last edited by Jale on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I think it's getting to the point where this post is turning into attacks and insults, so I am going to pour over the newest copy of In Fisherman (nice big Brown on the cover) and see if I can find an interesting topic to start a new thread -- as a distraction ploy. :wink:

C'mon guys. The tone is really getting nasty. Agree to disagree.

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

wolfe - been there for awhile....never gets better.

personal feelings aside, i am just tired of it. I am tired of the fight.

I am out.
JustinHoffman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JustinHoffman »

Hello All,

That was my last post on this topic. I think it was an interesting topic, but yes, time to agree to disagree. But you didn't see any name calling or insinuations from my end of the argument.

Time to go watch the snow fall - I'm sure I could get more out of that... :roll:

Good Fishing,
Justin
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Aw....C'mon....I guess I'll go spool some ice reels or something... :roll: :lol:
XrapAttack

Post by XrapAttack »

wow... good read. Have any more of these net for sale?
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Cancatchbass »

Glad you enjoy a spirited discussion. XrapAttack! Welcome to the site.

Things are usually a little quieter around here, but once in a while the discussions get pretty lively.

Justin- 32 years old! :shock: I knew you were just a kid! I've got reels older than you. :lol:

Thanks, Wolfe, for being the ref and sending us back to our corners.

And, Justin- I always thought calling someone anal was not a good thing... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time for a truce.

CCB
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

I have a small wooden trout net. The meshing is overly meshy and seems to get quite slimey when I use it, but that's not very often.

I really like the look of the Magnus nets yer peddlin' these days Joe, but, alas, I don't think I could ever catch a fish big enough that a net like that would be necessary. Most of my fish would probably in fact slide through that very sparse, wide gaped looking mesh.

I think a net with no mesh would solve the problem for catch and release fishing. Simply take the net loop and loop it over the fish. What would likely happen is your line or the lure (if you're really good at netting) will just get caught on the rim and the fish will get off easy enough. No touching, no netting, no problem. 8)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

And, Justin- I always thought calling someone anal was not a good thing...
Anal....is ok...Anus...not so good... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry...had to add a little levity!

BBR....if yer reading this....grab a dictionary for levity....don't ask Sleded....he won't know either... :wink: :lol:

RJ
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

As promised, the distraction topic thread has been posted. Hope you're all fooled by it enough to get involved. Or if it's too ho-hum for you, humor me and add a smilicon. (Shouldn't have said that, as I know someone will!) :roll: :lol:

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
XrapAttack

Post by XrapAttack »

CCB thanks for the welcome. i remember the dead musky pics you posted in the spring. those were crazy
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I wasn't gonna respond but Tom..come on...
RJ- I have never swung a bass and bounced it off the deck, pounced on it, then "chucked" it in the livewell. I treat all fish with great care- as do most tournament anglers. If you mishandle fish like that, then shame on you.
We see this all the time on TV in tournaments...these the same guys that will turn around and say they are doing the same as what you are saying.
I have never seen you boat a fish so maybe you are the exception..but I have fished tournaments myself and have seen many, many, many others be it on TV or live...they get bounced around all the time. So to say most tournament anglers I really believe that to be a false statement. Largly false!! As for the rest I will leave it alone...
:shock:

RJ..too funny
Last edited by Canadian Bacon on Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

And I think that we will conclude this animated discussion with a lock.

I think everyone has had a chance to explain their side adequately.

How bout that Team Canada kicking some butt in the Gold medal game tonite?
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"