Map

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CharlieD
Participant
Participant

Map

Post by CharlieD »

Can Anybody provide a map from Northview rd in Nepean to Petrie island....a large one I can see preferably. Is Petrie island the best fishing around Ottawa area! Or send me a near by address so I can mapquest the location! Thank you
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Charlie, while not the best map in the world, this one is from the FriendsofPetrieIsland.com webpage. If you're going to mapquest for directions, the road you want in Orleans is Trim Rd. - the absolute north end of Trim. If you can find your way to the Queensway from Nepean you basically just head east and follow this map to the Trim Rd. exit, turning left at the lights and follow down a hill and you'll see the Bait Shop on your right, it's the first white building you can't miss it. The guys inside can point you in the direction of whichever bay you want to fish (there are basically only 3 bays within walking distance). And once you're out there, there're usually a few FishHawk hats or toques to be seen. Don't be afraid to say Hi.

CharlieD
Participant
Participant

Post by CharlieD »

thank you , that map will help alot!
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Map

Post by Legend »

:) The beautiful thing about Ottawa CharlieD is that you can get everywhere very quickly.

From where you're staying, you can get to Petrie in 20-30 mins. tops. Like the guys say, there's always someone out on the ice. I'd start at Crappie bay and then mosey over to Walleye Bay if the bite gets slow.

ps. Don't be shy.

:) Legend