Anyone ever used one of these huts?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Anyone ever used one of these huts?

Post by muskymuskymusky »

http://www.peterson-outdoors.com/OneManIceShanties.htm I just bought one looking for anyone who already has ones opinion on it.
Thanks
MMM
topwater
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by topwater »

MMM
purchased the same one last year , I was very impressed with it thought about stepping up to a clam this year but decided against it
I still like the setup system better than any other I've seen . When I get out all i have to do is flip it up don't have to try and extend or collapse poles . Seat is also quite comfortable and lots of skirt to bank snow around
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Dont own one myself, i got the clam. But I do know that HT makes good quality products. good luck with your new shelter and im sure you will really enjoy it!
Northamfishing Tackle
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Used one like it TripleMuskie. The cold doesn't seem to agree with the windows in those things too much. Crack up they do. But, that said, better to be in one of those breaking the wind, than slouching down behind your skidoo to keep the chilly drafts from penentrating the bones. :D
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Shoot JustisHoffman a PM, if im not mistaken, HT is one of Justins sponsers :wink:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

so what are you going to do with 2 ice-huts know :P . one for you and one for the little lady?

chris
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

IM...

I sold my calm 5600 yesterday(when i bought it i figured it would help my wossie friends to come out fishing, Didnt work out that way at all and its to big for one guy) . Bought this one the same day for towing behind my ATV when im travelling to different lakes. The wood hut i bought last week will be on Farquhar lake all season at my cottage. Your MORE than welcome to join me anytime Squig69.

MMM
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

squig69 wrote:so what are you going to do with 2 ice-huts know :P . one for you and one for the little lady?

chris
So i only have one 1 man portable if the wife decides to come out i have a feeling i will be the one cold. :wink:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

thanks for the offer MMM, i just may take you up on that offer :D

chris
RV
Participant
Participant

Post by RV »

I use this one here I love it nice and dark inside can see bottom , swivel seats .