lower niagara today

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

lower niagara today

Post by squig69 »

hooked up with Crash and FFF for a day on the river to see how the browns and bows were doing. they're doing just as good now as they were before we got there :cry: :cry: . got to the launch and the river was mud with about 1' visibilty but decided to try our luck anyways. the wind had the backdrift messed up a bit and didnt hook a thing so we headed over to the long drift. i had 2 hooked on but didnt get a chance to see what they were but more than likely they were smallies. first one on the board was FFF with this scrappy little guy

then up next was Crash with another nice niagara smallie

yup, i was surrounded by the camo-twins. :)
coming close to the end of the day and Crash offers us a few snacks and starts rhyming off the ingredients of his granola bars, "contains granola, glucose/fructose, corn syrup, BANANA bi-product..... you could have heard a pin drop. FFF and i look at each other, one of those stares where each of us are saying, "are you gonna through him in first or should i" :twisted: :twisted: . chalk this day up to the cures of the BANANA, when will people learn :lol: .hard day on the water but with 2 great guests the time flew by and was time to call it a day. great having you guys aboard.

chris
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

It was a nice day, great friends and a couple fish.
AS for the ingrdients of the bar :oops: Mrs. Crash throw the goodies in err I think she was being nice :roll: :roll: or was tring to collect the insurance :twisted: :twisted:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

:lol: :lol: Mrs.Crash must have taken a big policy out on ya and you didnt even know it. :lol:

chris
Mrs.Crash
Participant
Participant

Post by Mrs.Crash »

Mrs. Crash here...I would just like to say, please, please, :oops: don't be upset with me about the BANANA incident...Jo OD said no Bananas, so I didn't think it also meant Banana byproducts like granola bars...I just didn't want you men to go hungry :oops: As for the Insurance, that thought may have crossed my mind :twisted:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

we were looking for a reason for such a slow trout day :lol: :lol: , i dont think that crash had even got out the full word and our heads popped up at the same time. its all coming back to me in slow motion, "B..A..N..A....". oh, the horror. :lol:

chris
Joe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Joe »

Chalk it up to experience. Keep the bananas off next time and watch out! :D
Look on the bright side. You could have had to go to a stupid trade show. I'd rather be in a boat, even without a rod, with the weather you guys got today.
Sleded
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sleded »

nice smallies man!!!
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

we fished a localish rib today and didn't do any better... but definately a VERY nice day to be out on the water, with weather like this you can't complain about te fishing- unless you're an ice fisherman :lol:

and hey, nice smallies none-the-less :lol:
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

Joe
the only down side was the visibility and the wind messed up the back drift.
thanks Sleded, fish but not what we were after :)
Spanky saw the report on you guys from FOG i think, looks like you guys had a good time also.

chris
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Good Effort

Post by Legend »

:) I too ended up fishing a trib this weekend and it was also slow.

Unlike the Lake Erie tribs, the Huron tribs are Gin clear. Even with this wicked wind.

The 80 year old guy next to me had some good action. I learned a fair bit from him and I'll be sure to share the info as winter approaches and the board slows down.

:) Legend
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

looks like a good outing overall ... and legend, can't wait to hear the techniques.
Joe O'D
Participant
Participant

Post by Joe O'D »

Just a reminder to those who bring bananas on my boat- make sure you've got the insurance first; you'll need it !!!.
Nice try on the Niagara though, fellas. I walked the gorge Sunday and the water was perfect. Saw a few nasty salmon swimming around and some guys with a couple of bows at the whirlpool.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

hopefully this will post!!
Great day out guys, I enjoyed the weather! One scary thing though at one point on the back drift we got a little too far out, hit a whirlpool 2' dia maybe. threw the boat into a spinout and I nearly went over the stern, that current is incredibly powerful!!
Crash I know the banana was artificial or simulated, what ever but then so is viagara, you don't take that fishing do you :shock:
Mrs.Crash
Participant
Participant

Post by Mrs.Crash »

Joe O'D I am having a blonde moment...and crash will not remind me...please...oh! please what is with the B...A...N...A...N...A...S...will someone please tell me????????????
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Good effort fellas! Conditions will improve and soon we'll see pics of bows. Good to see you found a little action regardless....I've never hooked into any of those cochroaches on the Niagara.