Looking for consumer contact info for Rapala????

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Looking for consumer contact info for Rapala????

Post by Markus »

I recently purchased a bunch of TailDancer's from Fishing World in Hamilton. I used the lures once and 2 off them lost all their paint. I took them back to Fishing World and they laughed at me. I asked for contact info and they said to look it up. :?

Anyway. I went to the Rapala website and I can't see any contact info any where on it. The box's the lures came in have no info either.

Does anyone have a consumer contact email address or a mailing address?

thanks
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

its funny you say that, our Taildancers are looking pretty damn abused, where the paint is chipping off, not scratching off....

FW laughed at you?

You sure haven't had much luck there....

I had a reef runner lip break off, bought it there, brought it back, and they gave me a new one off the shelf....said their rep will take the broken one back no problem....

just took the new one outta the package, and they put hte broken one into the package the new one came from....

but thats a broken lip, not paint missing....

i'm curious as to what Rapala says....now that i think about it, Jackson's clown TD is doing the same thing....piecs about 5mm wide are just flaking off.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Marcus (you flake).........sorry, had to do it :lol: :lol:

Try info@rapla.fi

or

olli.aho@rapala.fi

These are connected with the investor site, so should get you to someone who knows enough not to answer your e.mail. :roll: :roll:

Regards: Jigs.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Yup steve, the paint on those TailDancers is crap. Rapala should be concerned...not their standard quality.
Last edited by Markus on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Thanks Jigs! :P
JIGNPIG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by JIGNPIG »

Marcus,

I dug this up for you try 1-905-571-3001 that is the Customer Centre in Canada or the U.S. is 1-800-874-4451

I use the following web site when i am looking for numbers and websites for lure manufacturerhttp://www.bassdozer.com/bass_lures.shtml

Hope this helps

Bryan
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Thanks JIGNPIG, I already sent a nice email off to the info address Jigs posted.

Thanks for your help with this guys. Rapala is a fantastic company and I'm sure they'll be interested in recieving feedback regarding the paint quality issue with their lures.

Thanks again
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Bought some reef runners and tail dancers on Sun, same store, hope they didn't receive a bad batch :oops: Let us know how you make out with Rapala. As an aside should I replace the hooks or are they OK?
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

I don’t think this site should be used for shooting down businesses and or people. No matter who you are. It is completely inappropriate and it proves nothing.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I agree rider. And for the record, I am only a jackass with an opinion. But you are 100% correct.
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

Surprising that Rapala paint would flake off, I am wondering if those are illegal knock-offs the tackle store is trying to pass off, reason I say that is from the reaction from the store is a bit strange?
Most stores would want to take that seriously.
Lunkerlurker
Participant
Participant

Post by Lunkerlurker »

shooting down businesses and or people.
I don't think Markus did some shooting down, he just reported what happend to him ie: facts.

If he would have go on and rant about the store or the clerks or management (personnal atacks and on...).

In buisiness when you are the seller you have a responsability to help you customer regarding defective products and warranties and to keep you customer happy if you want to see them again.

If not then why not just buy direct from the manufacturer and save the percentage your giving to the store/dealer.

LL
crash
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by crash »

I would say Mark was shooting down anything.
If there is a problem with a product and it needs to be corected. All he wanted was an address to be able to send it.
I saw the lures it was really bad. it was not scratches but big bare spots.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

For the record..I stand by Rapala, always have. I recieved some substandard lures with a paint problem. I only wanted contact info to mail them the defected merchandise so they can address the problem. And I have no doubt they will.

Rapala makes up 60% of my lure selection in my tackle box when it comes to crankbaits. That will not change.
Jimmy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jimmy »

Rider wrote:I don’t think this site should be used for shooting down businesses and or people. No matter who you are. It is completely inappropriate and it proves nothing.
I agree with you here... to a point. I just dropped $10.00 on one of those raps... before I dorp another $10 for another one or any rap would like to know that it isn't going to fall apart. And if I did buy a new one.. it would not be from FW. Thank you Markus for the heads up! The response that was given by FW for a plain question is "completely inappropriate" as you put it. If the FW rep had done some gesture to help, I don't think Markus would have left with a sour taste in his mouth or would he have mentioned their name. Hence this thread. He did mention that got a lousy response but was looking for answers. Not running them down. In my business... if you have a concern , I will address it immediatley to the best of my ability. That is all I can do , and that is all I expect when I deal elsewhere. I think that is what everyone expects.
I don't mean to defend Markus here...he's a big boy.. and for also for the record...we have never met.. but... had it been someone else.. my response would be the same.

BTW this site is about information..and I appreciate and decipher.. and sort all that I get here. Good or bad

That's my opinion... and your's is your's
Thank you
Jimmy