Looking for consumer contact info for Rapala????

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
dh99
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dh99 »

Thats too bad Markus, not good news to hear. We pay so much for tackle these days that it should last. I like rapala and bought some taildancer to try out on the 19th at quinte. My first trip. Hope they dont do the same thing.Let us know how things turn out.

DH
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

My .02 cents...

I think we should be able to post "poor customer service".... here's why...

We all work hard for our money... Fishing gear is expensive... We should be getting the best bang for our buck... Why should others spend there hard earned money on dissapointment??? In the fishing industry there is tonnes of competition... They need to earn our repeat business and loyalty... The only thing i get from FW now is minnows.... Like i said my .02 cents....
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Markus,

I have noticed the Rapala Tail Dancers are made with a plastic coating/rap over the balsa bait, it seems if the crankbait is left on the rod to bounce and rub on the shaft of the rod while motoring to your next spot the paint may come off the bait. Actually I have noticed this with most crankbait manufactures paint. I always take my baits off the rods before making any runs and have not had any problems.

Keep me posted on the results from Rapala, I am sure they will respond to your queries and provide a solution.

cheers'

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

My responce had nothing to do with a product. I just don't think shops and the people that work there should be mentioned by name thats all. just because one person has a problem, that don't mean everyone will. This message board has a lot of posters and 10 times that amount that just lurk. cutting down a shop here could affect that persons right to maake a living.

Just my 2 cents worth :roll:
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Rider:

If I received poor product or service from a business, why would I let an acquaintance walk into their store blind?

I wouldn't trash'em, and I don't think the one in question has been, but I would certainly explain my position on Hawk Talk or anyplace else.

Eventually the market looks after poor service or product. You close up cause you ain't got no customers.

We are told by our corporate masters everyday, that the market should prevail........so be it!!

Best regards: Jigs.
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

if markus had a bad experience with FW, its his right to post it....just as its my right to post my positive experiences there....as a matter of fact, they called me this evening to tell me my float suit was in...matched the lowest price from JB's, and are always willing to meet any of my needs.

It will always work both ways.

Fishing World is a quality company. It does not hurt them to have one bad customer complaint.

As for the Rapala, which i dont think your referring to, its OBVIOUSLY a good thing to have discussions about their quality. Crash has given me some fancy rod/lure holders, which prevent the lure from bouncing/knocking against my boat, while running at high speeds.

i too am curious as to their response. i have a hunch markus will not be the person to have informed them in their poor paint on their TD's.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

The real problem of bad mouthing a buusiness on the internet, is that it is just too easy to do and may be done falsly. It is a pesons right to complain about bad service, but not isn't right to do it here.

Everyones level of service is different, but everyone understands what "bad service" means when they read about it. It is also way to easy to use the internet to falsely run someone down.

I'll try my best in the future to better world my negitive experiences.
Shad
Participant
Participant

Post by Shad »

I disagree with you Rider. FW is my home base fishing tackle store, buy 95% of all my gear and tackle there. I have bought 5 St. Croix rod's from there in the last 3 years, everyone they said they would replace no questions asked if they broke. Well I never had one break until two weekends ago while I was fishing on Pigeon Lake...I have not had time to bring the rod in yet but will shortly. If I get the run around you better believe I will post a complaint, not just here but with many other boards and St. Croix. If they exchange as they have told me upon the sale everytime, I will post with praises....we do have the RIGHT to express our experiences with any business and we should do so.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Might be worth checking out the board rules again folks. People have the right to complain...just not here on FH. Fishhawk/Bobber have requested no business be run down here, and I think it's a smart decision. Granted most gripping is justified, it's just to easy to wrongfully accuse someone on the internet.

Trust me, after our Fall adventure weekend, I had all kinds of things to say :lol: ....but I bit my tounge and directed my concerns to the business owner.
Shad
Participant
Participant

Post by Shad »

Markus wrote:Might be worth checking out the board rules again folks. People have the right to complain...just not here on FH. Fishhawk/Bobber have requested no business be run down here, and I think it's a smart decision.
Rules, who reads rules, lol....does anyone read their insurance policy's or vehicle manuals, it's a given we don't :lol:

But now that I am aware of the FH rule, I will not engage in negative talk about a business but won't express a positive one either cause it has to work both ways :oops:
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

shad was your broken rod a premiere or avid?

if its a premiere, you only have 3 year warrentee, and you usually have to keep your receipt.

if its an avid, then your ok. right off the shelf replacement.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Update for those who are curious.

The Advertising & Creative Manager at Normark Inc contacted to me today to address the paint issue I expierenced with my tail dancers. The lures are being returned for inspection and they will replace the defected merchandise.

Speaking as a consumer, it really does bring a good feeling of satisfaction when a big company like Rapala takes the time to quickly address the needs and questions of the people that use their products.
dh99
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dh99 »

THanks Markus

Rapala has a good name and by the looks of it they intend on keeping it that way. Did they say if this was a common problem?

DH
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Markus wrote:Update for those who are curious.

The Advertising & Creative Manager at Normark Inc contacted to me today to address the paint issue I expierenced with my tail dancers. The lures are being returned for inspection and they will replace the defected merchandise.

Speaking as a consumer, it really does bring a good feeling of satisfaction when a big company like Rapala takes the time to quickly address the needs and questions of the people that use their products.
Great news Markus...

Rapala has always offered me great customer service and provided answers to my questions. They still make the best balsa baits on the market :wink:

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

I knew they would Marcus :!: :!:

Rapala(Normark) always has been A1 with customer service.

Replaced a filleting knife for me when the blade snapped and it was not a new knife.

But jeez, just flaking paint...........what a whiner.

:shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad things worked out.

Jigs :D