New regs coming...opinions?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

New regs coming...opinions?

Post by RJ »

Hey folks,

Rumour has it the MNR are working on new regs for next year....

Included are zone changes and lower catch limits....

If anyone has access to what is on the table, post it if ya can!

I personally love the idea of these moves!...A pro-active view in my eyes!

Catch limits to me should be cut in more than half.....

Who needs 6 walleyes?....6 Pike?.... :? ...I don't....unless you are feeding a family of 10,3 medium sized walleye will suffice for any family....I'm not a big fish eater...but do enjoy a walleye feed or crappie feed.....(FishCrisp is EVIL!... :lol: ).....but I've never come close to taking home a limit.....never felt like I needed to....

I'd also like to see the zone containing Mississippi Lake and other local lakes that are protected for lake trout populations in other lakes changed......seeing all those lakes close on Oct.15th must irk a pile of folks.....

I personally would like to see the Conservation License removed as an option.....lower the limits for everyone and everyone pays the same price for their license...it would also eliminate the questions about "can I fish for musky with a Co license?"... :lol:

What do yas think?

RJ
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

They better not touch my 50 perch limit. :lol: :lol:
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

As a fly angler, I'd love to see catch limits reduced (I'm not anti-catch & keep, btw). If limits are reduced, fish populations in some waters will be much healthier. It would also make more cash available for enforcement of the regs. I haven't seen a provincial CO since I arrived in Ontario in 1983.
Time's fun when you're having flies.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

RJ,

I will be attending one of the MNR information sessions at Sharbot Lake on Nov. 24th to gain further information on the proposed changes in my area.
Two public information open houses have been scheduled in eastern Ontario to allow for local stakeholders to become familiar with the numerous proposed regulation change options and to offer suggestions and comments regarding these proposed recreational angling regulation changes.

1.November 22nd, 2005: Kingston
Royal Canadian Legion
Limestone City Branch 560 Street
Kingston, Ontario
3 pm – 9 pm

2. November 24th, 2005: Sharbot Lake
Oso Community Hall
1107 Garrett Street
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
3 pm - 9 pm
-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I rarely have my limit most everything goes back but I would like the possession limits to stay the same incase I wish to have some walleye in the freezer from time to time. I would care if they lower the catch limit but would like the possession limits to stay the same.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

deleted*
Last edited by Mike Lennox on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

yungflyfisher wrote:
So mabey they should make a rule...you have to have a canadain citizenship to keep fish.

yff
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Let them change the Regs. all they want it won't make a difference if they don't hire more C.O.'s. I release 99% of the fish I catch only to watch a boat fishing in the same area keep a limit go to shore and come back out and catch another limit. Call the MNR and they say they will look into it, yeah right! :?: :?: :x . This is just the government trying to make us think they are doing something pro-active when all they are doing is making more paperwork so they can justify a job :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: .
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

deleted*
Last edited by Mike Lennox on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

Yung FF:

Yer on the right track IMHO only probably.

Would certainly separate the C&R's from the come and fill the trunk.

Tourist traffic would drop about 85%.

Yeh, we'uns jest come fer the scenery............eyuk eyuk
:roll:
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Hello yungflyfisher,

I have lots of American friends and even family that do not keep everything they catch, most practice catch and release or selected harvest. They follow the regulations as outlined by the MNR and enjoy their visit to our great fishery. Please do not paint all Americans with a single stroke of a brush, we also have many American Hawk-Talkers that are great environmentalist that enjoy to fish our waters.

I am sure you can find lots of locals on Black Lake that keep all the fish they catch...people are people, no flag or border will change the bad apples from the good.

Enjoy your fishing on Black Lake...

-Sheldon
Last edited by eye-tracker on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Yep.....Americans are the only ones keeping Canadian Fish..... :roll:

YFF, No Americans visit Pike Lake?... :lol:

RJ
g unis
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

regs

Post by g unis »

we have been told of ammalgamating zones and more user friendly regs. i believe you will see sturgeon fishing closed in lake st clair and detroit river. thats catch and keep.
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

deleted the 2 original posts....dont want to tick anyone off- that was not the purpose of my post.

I would like to see fishing go catch and release...but I also know it is unrealistic.

I guess the best solution is to lower slot limits and practice select harvest..as I know most F-H members do...

I didnt mean to make my post sound racist...but after I read it over it was just that....and I apologize....and it was not directed to anyone on this site...as far as I can tell the americans are as concious about conservation if not more so.....

if anyone has more to say I'd prefer a PM :lol:

yff
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

yungflyfisher wrote:deleted the 2 original posts....dont want to tick anyone off- that was not the purpose of my post.

I would like to see fishing go catch and release...but I also know it is unrealistic.

I guess the best solution is to lower slot limits and practice select harvest..as I know most F-H members do...

I didnt mean to make my post sound racist...but after I read it over it was just that....and I apologize....and it was not directed to anyone on this site...as far as I can tell the americans are as concious about conservation if not more so.....

if anyone has more to say I'd prefer a PM :lol:

yff

Attaboy YFF.....foot removed from mouth.... :lol:

RJ