Oct 11th - Meet and Greet Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Oct 11th - Meet and Greet Report

Post by Markus »

I arranged a little meet and greet for today and had an open invite on 5 different fishing boards for everyone to join us. Weather must have shy'd a few folks, Jammer and myself were the only 2 to show up.

Well, here's how our day went. We started off with a bit of a mishap. After leaving the yard and heading out on the higway, we heard a little thump. We thought we had secured the striper securely to the roof of Jammers tracker, but one of the bungies let go and the boat slid off. We repositioned it and attached a little extra duct tape to hold it place.

We got things started by chugging a brewskie. Next we had to get the boat going. Uh oh....dead battery. We tried push starting the boat in shallow water, but it wouldn't turn over. We just decided to paddle out and get fishing.

The local tackle shop owner told us he has been getting his limit every day in under an hour for months! The weather must have turned them off though. Jammer got a scrappy sucker and all I got was a milk crate.

We stopped for shore lunch! Jammer brought his famous Jammer Dogs! We had to eat them raw because Jammer forgot the bbq and I of course had my filthwiches! We ate like kings and thought maybe a few folks might show up by noon. Well they didn’t. After we finished off our supply of beer, back out we went. The afternoon fishing was slower than the morning - nothing. Sure made me miss my glory days out on lake erie in the bass boat hauling in the 6 pound smallies.

It wasn’t our day, but we sure had fun. Oh well, I’m heading back out for muskie next week. I have a great bait that is out producing all my other ones.

Thanks to Jammer for coming to the meet and greet! It’ll be bigger next time!
steve-hamilton
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by steve-hamilton »

now that was just funny.

remind me not to cross you markus.

:D

bbr, dem's fightin' words....
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

I think you have too much time on your hands :D ....

Got a good chuckle though :!: :lol:
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was a good time indeed... :P

OMG i laughed so hard... ever had hot coffee come out your nose.... hahaha too much...
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Oh boy

Post by Legend »

:) Geez whizz Markus,

Why that Al Borland shirt?

Jammer's hat I can understand. (That's where he keeps his best roe)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

:) Legend
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

hey markus,
I saw that on the XAA board........still no takers??
I joined it and so far i havent learned too much about fishing....especially compared to what I do here...but I heard some sh** about fish-hawk on it also :?
why don't they like fish-hawk :?: :?:
Last edited by Mike Lennox on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

re

Post by BBRich »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Payback's a b*tch :wink:

hahahahaha funniest post ever
Viper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Viper »

We tried push starting the boat in shallow water, but it wouldn't turn over.
Mark it is much easier to push-start a boat on the hard water as long as you have enough antifreeze in you. :twisted: :D :D :D :wink:

Your bad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

good one
Sleded
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sleded »

NOw that is post of the year markus keep it up!!! U forgot smokin some RaU hahaha!!!! I wish a striper could go on top of my truck LOL!!!!!!!!! DOnt be stiring the Mercury pot markus!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sleded
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

Hat's off Markus that was one of the best/funniest posts ever!

P.S. yung_flyfisher3 No one ever claimed you would learn anything important or that you could use in your daily life on XAA so if you going there for info, save yourself the trip!
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

yung_flyfisher3 - I'm sure markus can tell you all about it, he's been the administrator of XAA twice already.
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

BBR I thought you were banned? What happen forget your password this morning and chalked it up to being banned?
Mikey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mikey »

Big Bass Rich wrote:yung_flyfisher3 - I'm sure markus can tell you all about it, he's been the administrator of XAA twice already.
Markus is an admin over there??? ROTFLMAO!!!! That's a joke right???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm with you WIG.....waaaaaaay too much time on the boys hands.... :wink: You'd think being an admin at XAA would keep him busy hehehe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fighting15
Participant
Participant

Post by Fighting15 »

He's been admin there on more then one occasion, some of the best posts have come from him.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Seems I missed the meet and greet :oops: I'll try next time! Markus you owe me a keyboard, spit liquid all over it on the sucker pic :lol: :lol: